New MI 9 PRO - 5G - CHINESE ROM.

Hi Guys, after succesfully installation of the 20.1.9 I cannot update to new version from the useful menu... after the download of the new rom I got an advise that my phone is encrypted and after reboot I should use my password to decrypt... this password is never asked by TWRP and so cannot see the rom file to use to update. I got no password protection neither other security in my phone... any help for this?

[QUOTE = "charlien09, publicación: 526210, miembro: 251349"]
Hola. ¿Qué tienes el mi9 Pro 5g? o el mi9 pro? ¿Qué versión tienes actualmente, Rom original o personalizado?
[/CITAR]
yoI was in version 9.12.12, I just copied the update in the phone memory the last version 20.1.9. In TWRP I only went to intall, look for rom 20.1.9 and install it.At the end do not perform any wipe. I have my device configured with a fingerprint and all the applications are where I should be. That dirty installation perform. If you want later you can only do dalvik art / cache and cache.

I tried that too, but my cellphone is encrypited, when i l look for rom (in the TWRP) i cant find..
Folder's like "Download", "documents", "DCIM" i can´t acess by the TWRP

Is the same with you ???

(Custom ROM EU. 9.12.19 )

and Tks for your help.

I tried that too, but my cellphone is encrypited, when i l look for rom (in the TWRP) i cant find..

Is the same with you ???

and Tks for your help.
yes exactly, same problem... I' sure rom is there but can't find it due to strange symbols due to encryption

Is the same with you ???

and Tks for your help.

lthe only solution that I have found is to have a pendrive install the ROM. have an OTG / usb type c adapter. then perform, Format data

And after that install the ROM through the OTG. When finished installing, I perform a Swipe to factory reset.

That was my solution. This deletes everything from the phone. Be cautious with this. If you have not done it never, look for information, I am not responsible for what happens. I hope it helps you.If so, let me know. regards

Last edited:
hello ,

is the news correct?
Is Mi9Pro5g global now?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

[QUOTE = "OdroidC2, publicación: 527802, miembro: 179475"]
Hola ,

¿Es correcta la noticia?
¿Mi9Pro5g es global ahora?

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://en.xiaomitoday.it/mi-9-pro-...obal-ricevono-certificazione-google-play.html [/ URL]

[MEDIA = youtube] vLooubM5CM4 [/ MEDIA]
[/CITAR]

o puede ser cierto, pero para el mi9 pro 5g como dice en el video, el mi10pro saldrá con el último snapdragon con 5g. Creo que ser el sustituto de mi9 pro debería ser mejor. Tendremos que esperar hasta febrero para averiguarlo. Igualmente esta la version de Xiaomi.eu que muy bien lo hace. Yo utilizó idioma español y muy contento y agradecido a los desarrolladores.

o it may be true, but for the mi9 pro 5g as it says in the video the mi10pro will be coming out with the last snapdragon with 5g. I think being the substitute for mi9 pro should be better. We will have to wait until February to find out. There is also the version of Xiaomi.eu that does very well. I used Spanish language and very happy and grateful to the developers.

Sent from Xiaomi

Last edited:
How did you guys get your TWRP to ask for encryption code? Mine just bypass it. I'd prefer it asks for encryption.

EDIT: Nevermind. I misread your posts.

Last edited:
The only official ROM for Mi 9 Pro 5G is China V10.4.6.0.PFXCNXM, and there is no official Global ROM for it. Also, we haven't started support for this device yet. Will only be started when China Developer ROM is released.
Is there any ETA for when the Developer ROM will be released?

I would like to update my Mi9 Pro 5G to a global rom but i don't want to unlock the phone and not be able to use my banking apps or G-Pay

Reactions: hareram14093
Is there any ETA for when the Developer ROM will be released?

I would like to update my Mi9 Pro 5G to a global rom but i don't want to unlock the phone and not be able to use my banking apps or G-Pay
Dev rom has been there for quite some time now. I am on it and all banking apps are working and g-Pay, my mobile is even rooted.

Dev rom has been there for quite some time now. I am on it and all banking apps are working and g-Pay, my mobile is even rooted.
Great news thank you.
Does google location history work on it?

My phone was shipped with the CN rom and doesn't work properly with google apps.

yes exactly, same problem... I' sure rom is there but can't find it due to strange symbols due to encryption

I used the tutorial from here and confirm that updated the latest version, without need of wiping all data. If you have already some weekly version and download the new one, first boot in TWRP, go to advanced settings -> remove force-encryption and then install the latest update of ROM:

Reactions: vadimburanok
Hola chicos, tengo mi 9pro 5g traído de China y tengo una rom de China, quiero poner una global para poder usar el teléfono celular en español, ¿tengo alguna solución para eso? Gracias

Hola, como consejo para escribir y que puedan entenderte escribe en inglés (utiliza traductor). Tenés dos versiones de rom., Una que es estable, y otra que es beta. En cualquier caso, tienes que borrar la cuenta de Mi en teléfono, y si tienes alguna contraseña de seguridad (huella digital, contraseña, reconocimiento facial, etc.) tienes que deshabilitarlo, esto es muy importante.

Versión estable:

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261632335 [/ URL]

Versión Beta (semanal):

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261750384 [/ URL]

Todas las ROM y como instalar:

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-11.202/ [/ URL]

Hello, as a tip to write and that they can understand that you write in English (use a translator). It has two versions of rom., One that is stable and one that is beta. In any case, you must delete My account on the phone, and if you have any security password (fingerprint, password, facial recognition, etc.) you must deactivate it, this is very important.

Stable version:

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261632335

Beta version (weekly):

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261750384

All ROMs and how to install:

https://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-11.202/

Last edited:
Reactions: pablochiashomi
Verify that you do not have Miui 12 on your phone. All these ROMs are miui 11

Verifica que no tengas Miui 12 en tu teléfono. Todas estas ROM son miui 11

Reactions: pablochiashomi
Has anybody found a version of TWRP with encryption support yet? I've removed encryption for now and everything is working, but I'd prefer to have it back.

[QUOTE = "invisiblewave, publicación: 539932, miembro: 222177"]
¿Alguien ha encontrado una versión de TWRP con soporte de cifrado todavía? He eliminado el cifrado por ahora y todo funciona, pero preferiría recuperarlo.
[/CITAR]

HHi. I don't understand what you ask!

[QUOTE = "invisiblewave, publicación: 539932, miembro: 222177"]
¿Alguien ha encontrado una versión de TWRP con soporte de cifrado todavía? He eliminado el cifrado por ahora y todo funciona, pero preferiría recuperarlo.
[/CITAR]

HHi. I don't understand what you ask!

I'm looking for a version of TWRP with support for encrypted storage. No posso ablar Espanol!

[QUOTE = "görünmez dalga, yayın: 540337, üye: 222177"]
Şifreli depolama desteğiyle TWRP'nin bir sürümünü arıyorum. Posso ablar Espanol yok!
[/ALINTI]