New(?) Mi2S 32BG , 8MP rear camera...

domtor0

Members
Feb 2, 2014
According to this Xiaomi web page
http://www.mi.com/mi2ss#params

There is a new Mi2S 32GB with the old Soc 600 Xiaolong (this was on the Mi2A, I think).
Also the rear camera is a 8MPx only (like on the 16GB ).
Do you think that custom MI2S ROMs like the multilanguage will fit on this (new?) model ?
Thanks

same proc. quadcore 1.7 g (like mi2s ) only 8mp camera and 32 gb, price1299 yuan like 16 gb

Edit: i forgot it's international board translared
Inviato dal mio MI 2S

Last edited:
I think yes, the 8 mpix camera is apparently IMX175. All the roms that support MI2s with 8mpix camera will support this device since the camera driver is included and set.

The SoC is not the same that the one on the Mi2S which has a Qualcomm SnapDragon 600, the SoC on this new model seams to be a Qualcomm Xiaolong 600 ?
The chinese guy where I would buy this model is trying to install the french MIUI ROM.
If he can, I will buy this phone.. if not I will let you know.

Last edited:
Xialong is name of snapdragon in china 骁龙, not another soc, google translate is not the bible.

Inviato dal mio MI 2S

Thank you very much for this information! I've just bought this new Mi2S "Special Edition".

@domtor0 , why don't you buy an Mi3.. o_O Just wondering..
paulriz is right, I bought an Mi2S because the Mi3 screen is really too big for my girlfriend (nor she like the redmi screen!).
Not really for the price because the difference is not so big. May be I will try cm, but it's not sure as it's not mine :rolleyes:

paulriz is right, I bought an Mi2S because the Mi3 screen is really too big for my girlfriend (nor she like the redmi screen!).
Not really for the price because the difference is not so big. May be I will try cm, but it's not sure as it's not mine :rolleyes:
Well, It depends on one's preferences, I reckon. But I like to stick with the upgraded versions tho.. :p Anyway, does Mi2S still get regular updates? o_O