New Phone Arrived With Eu Rom Installed,?

Jonson Brennan

Members
Sep 27, 2016
Hi all,

My mi5 just arrived, I had been looking at this site to see how to install the EU Tom which would be a bit scary for me, however,

My phone has arrived from banggood and it seems to have the EU Tom already installed, is there any way to tell if this is good?
Screenshot_2016-09-27-14-30-20_com.android.settings.png

its FAKE ROM... not our.. we never released this version...

You need to flash an official rom with engineering cable or try to unlock bootloader from your rom.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Don't buy from Banggood or GearBest. They are notorious for shipping Xiaomi phones with fake ROMs.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Ive requested from xiaomi to unlock the bootloader, only problem is that adb wouldnt recognise the phone, even though it was set to usb debug. Will this be ok when unlocked?

Wow... I bought my Mi 5 yesterday, and it came with a ROM with exactly that description... Weird...

I didn't trust it, so, since I had applied for bootloader unlocking permission last week (before getting my phone - I got the request approved in two days!), I unlocked the bootloader and flashed xiaomi.eu stable downloaded from here. Running smoothly!

That got me thinking, anyway... I made sure that the bootloader was, in fact, locked when I got the phone (entered fastboot, ran fastboot oem device-info, and saw the locked status)... I thought running an "alternative" ROM (ie., not the official one) was impossible with a locked bootloader? Could anyone please comment about this?

With an engineering cable you can miflash a rom on mi5.

Reactions: 77bba
Don't buy from Banggood or GearBest. They are notorious for shipping Xiaomi phones with fake ROMs.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
it's the case only for xiaomi phones or all the brands

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy note 6 sortie abonnement galaxy note 7

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive requested from xiaomi to unlock the bootloader, only problem is that adb wouldnt recognise the phone, even though it was set to usb debug. Will this be ok when unlocked?
ADB has nothing to do with unlock, are all drivers installed correct?
In Win10 it looks like this:

Attachments

• ADB drivers correct installed.jpg
    ADB drivers correct installed.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 320
I got two mi 4c phones, one from Gearbest and one from Ibuygou, both claimed to have EU Rom. However, they also contained a keylogger...

Is safer to flash an official rom as soon as I get a phone?
Do global and dev global get OTA update?

Inviato dal mio SM-T715 utilizzando Tapatalk

Is safer to flash an official rom as soon as I get a phone?
Do global and dev global get OTA update?

Inviato dal mio SM-T715 utilizzando Tapatalk
Yes you should start with flashing official rom, you will get ota, much less issues, much better support.

I got two mi 4c phones, one from Gearbest and one from Ibuygou, both claimed to have EU Rom. However, they also contained a keylogger...

For REAL?

I thought IbuyGou was a respectable site, not with such deviously things..:-(