New Tablet With Lots Of Software Issues

PierreBCN

Members
Jul 2, 2017
Hi, I just got a new Mi Pad 3 and to my surprise this tablet is shipped with a software that is not stable?

First time in my life that a piece of electronics gets to me in such a ridiculous condition.

Anyways, it runs MIU Global 8.2 Stable (8.2.9.0.0) on Android 7.0 NRD90M.

I got the following isues:

1) Google play store does not work: I cannot download an install ANY apps: a quick google search point to a known issue that has been around for a few months on some MIU versions. It is the "waiting for wifi" bug.

2) After connecting the tablet to my pc using the USB cable, I have no access to it's storage/hard drive. I wanted to acces it to try installing a different version of MIU to be able to circumvent problem nº 1.

3) FM radio: the volume moves up and down on it's own. It can get really loud all of the suddent.

So in short, the tablet after 30 minutes inspection is clearly buggy.

I could look in forums for a solution, flash a different ROM as many are doing but honestly I don't have the time, the knowledge and neither the inclination.

This is something I simply should not have to deal with a brand new product. Sorry if it appears that I'm frustrated (which I am) but this is expensive gadget and I cannot believe it shipped this way from a major company like Xiaomi.

Hope somebody can point to solution, specially the google play store issue.

Many thanks in advance to the community for your help.

Reactions: Iakovos
You have FAKE ROM made by a seller..

Install our ROM..

~Tapatalk~

Reactions: PierreBCN
Hi there ingbrzy,

Many thanks for your reply.

It was bought at Gearbest which I thought is a pretty legit store.

Anyways, how can I install your ROM? Is there easy to follow instructions?. I've never installed a ROM in my life...

Hi , follow this , I've made also with mine , http://en.miui.com/thread-654025-1-1.html
The problem of mine was that I've received already destroy , something hardware , and now I had to send it back to Cina and wait hopping that they are serious and send me a new one , think that I have it from 3 mounth and I've used one day ... But if you install this it's enough stable , and works well Google ! Have a nice day

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

The MiPad3 doesn't have an official global rom. To please customers many online resellers put their own rom to have multi languages, but they also includes bloatwares or popping ads, and the rom is buggy most of the time. You can either flash official rom (which have English language) or Xiaomi.eu for multi languages. I still have some issues but the rom is stable enough to enjoy my MiPad :)

The MiPad3 doesn't have an official global rom. To please customers many online resellers put their own rom to have multi languages, but they also includes bloatwares or popping ads, and the rom is buggy most of the time. You can either flash official rom (which have English language) or Xiaomi.eu for multi languages. I still have some issues but the rom is stable enough to enjoy my MiPad :)
You just install the eu ROM or to you have to do something else to replace the custom ROM?