New to Xiaomi Dev Community - Poco F3

renellqt

Members
Nov 25, 2021
Hello i just got the poco f3 and am waiting for the bootloader to unlock.. do you guys recommend weekly or stable version? What are the bugs? Im looking on going with the stable but I see in the forum that the latest stable has battery issues. (This will also be my first time playing with a xiaomi.. came from the s10) thanks so much for any insight!

Hello i just got the poco f3 and am waiting for the bootloader to unlock.. do you guys recommend weekly or stable version? What are the bugs? Im looking on going with the stable but I see in the forum that the latest stable has battery issues. (This will also be my first time playing with a xiaomi.. came from the s10) thanks so much for any insight!
Hi you can find all xiaomi.eu releases here
https://xiaomi.eu/community/ -> MIUI ROM Releases

The actual MIUI version (not Android version) is 12
MIUI ROM Releases -> MIUI 12 -> then you can choose between stable or weekly

The weekly version may have some new features and perhaps some bugs
Weekly ROM version (number) = China Beta ROM version (number) = Release date info
21 = Year / 9 = month / 1 = day

Here you can find the Bug-Section and Known Issues

Battery drain is is one of the most discussed topics
It depends ... some users have issues, other dont have an issue

If you change from stable to weekly or vice versa or if you install xiaomi.eu for the first time you have to format your data partition
That means you have to start TWRP (Android 11 at the moment) and format not wipe the data
Or if you want to install Android 12 you have to choose "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat"
You will loose all your data, make a backup before

If you update your stable or weekly version you dont have to format anything

Here is a guide how to update your phone with TWRP and explaining a lot of things as example.
It looks complicated, but its good to understand the process and if you did it once, it is easy :)

A description how to install it you can find here. Scroll down to section "OLD FASTBOOT GUIDE"
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...iaomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi11-pro-ultra.59486/

Then it depends if you install the xiaomi.eu rom for the first time or as an update
# windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
# windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat

Reactions: renellqt