No Network Connecction

LindaR

Members
Jun 14, 2016
I am roaming in Peru and have not been able to connect to a mobile network. Have checked account and SIM both OK. SIM works in another phone. My friends SIM does not work in my phone.
I think I have accidentally set something on the phone but have no idea what
Can anyone help? Wifi is fine.
Thanks

I am roaming in Peru and have not been able to connect to a mobile network. Have checked account and SIM both OK. SIM works in another phone. My friends SIM does not work in my phone.
I think I have accidentally set something on the phone but have no idea what
Can anyone help? Wifi is fine.
Thanks
Hi LindaR - when you say that you are roaming, can you please clarify what you did in order to roam? Which settings have you changed or chosen to roam? Thanks.

I didn't do anything. When I got on the plane I switched off my phone. Normally when I arrive in another country and switch on the phone it just connects automatically. This time it did not.
I am just guessing but it looks like I may have set or unset something by mistake.
I checked with my network and they day the account is fine.
I tried my SIM in another phone. That's fine
I tried another SIM in my phone and it has the same problem. No network connection

Thanks, if you go to settings ->about phone -> scroll down to status -> Roaming, this will tell you your status. If it's on AUTO select, all you need is a reboot. If that is not selected, you may want to try the "manual" option, where you get to choose your provider of choice.
OR you can go to settings -> SIM card & mobile networks - > to choose mobile data or overseas roaming.

In Phone Status I have:
Service Status: out of service
Roaming: not roaming
Mobile network state: disconnected

When I go to SIM Cards and Mobile Network and select SIM 1 (I only have 1 SIM ) then Cellular Networks the Choose Automatically is selected. If I choose manually I can't see any networks today. Yesterday I saw one but it was "forbidden"

@ LindaR,
Were you able to resolve this issue. I am seeing exactly the same issue (just that I am in the same country and not roaming). The problem just happened all of a sudden.

Please let me know if you were able to solve it in some way. Will be great help.

I tried to select every carrier manually and it WORKED

1-Settings
2-Sim card and mobile networks
3-My sim card
4-Mobile networks
5-Close "choose automatic" option
6-Say ok to search
7-Try to connect every option one by one