No touch response in this kind of pop-up in chrome

kimyiu1029

Members
May 25, 2019
When i have this kind of pop up in chrome, for both options "Block" or "Allow", is not responding to my touch no matter which i choose. Anyone have this situation as well?

using the latest stable xiaomi.eu rom on Mi8 EE

Reactions: flamingo911

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
I would assume that Chrome detects MIUI's full-screen gesture navigation layer as an insecure overlay, hence blocks touches.
You'd have to disable Full-screen gestures to interact with Chrome's security dialogs.

kimyiu1029

Members
May 25, 2019
Doesn't help
hey bro u encounter the same problem on ur mi8 ee as well? i found out that my other device k20pro with eu rom has the same problem with some common apps installed. i am pretty sure that at first it is okay once it is clean installed until i start installing other apps, so i guess it is due to some bugs with other apps

flamingo911

Members
Sep 3, 2019
hey bro u encounter the same problem on ur mi8 ee as well? i found out that my other device k20pro with eu rom has the same problem with some common apps installed. i am pretty sure that at first it is okay once it is clean installed until i start installing other apps, so i guess it is due to some bugs with other apps
Man, I found the reason of this bug. It's because of quick ball. If you turn it off, bug disappear. But I will check your advice, tnx a lot ;)

kimyiu1029

Members
May 25, 2019
Man, I found the reason of this bug. It's because of quick ball. If you turn it off, bug disappear. But I will check your advice, tnx a lot ;)
oh my god disabling the quick ball solved my problem as well. That explains, which when clean installed i havent set up the quick ball yet all works fine.

then here comes a second problem is that a bug related to Chrome or the rom itself..... because this problem exists a long time already and not just on mi8 ee..then again i wonder why dont others encounter this problem? is the root cause actually due to a third app ??

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
oh my god disabling the quick ball solved my problem as well. That explains, which when clean installed i havent set up the quick ball yet all works fine.

then here comes a second problem is that a bug related to Chrome or the rom itself..... because this problem exists a long time already and not just on mi8 ee..then again i wonder why dont others encounter this problem? is the root cause actually due to a third app ??
You never mentioned that you use Quick ball. This, like full-screen gestures, is an overlay. Chrome doesn't allow any overlay on top of its security dialogs.