Not Working In Uk: Xiaomi Mijia Dafang Home 1080p Hd

Hi, I deleted the added camera in the app and just added it again - it's been working fine since. Although I have noticed whenever you unplug it from the power source, it breaks and you need to delete it and add it again.

This is what I did in Germany.

Tried everything, no luck
Waited 24 hours
reinstalled the app from app store and selected China mainland
reset the camera by pushing reset for >10 seconds or so until a relay clicks. The camera reboots
resetted camera with a short push, it started talking

Everything worked then. I got a message to install new firmware 5.5.1.197, so I did that. After that, the camera was online somehow, but I could not get an image of it

I then have made the in-app update to a newer version and got a new firmware update to 5.5.1.200 for the camera. Since then, the camera does not connect as usual. :-(

Someone made a video on Youtube which fixed the connection problem.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi guys, I'm thinking about buying this camera. Can you tell me if it works outside the home wifi ? Does it have dynamic ip configuration ?

Hi guys, I'm thinking about buying this camera. Can you tell me if it works outside the home wifi ? Does it have dynamic ip configuration ?

Yes, it will work outdoors over mobile data (4G LTE for a more stable performance).
But you must know that live streaming with this camera will consume up to 80 kB/s (depends on the image quality).
The camera will only work with the Mi Home app and there is no IP configuration for this camera.

You may see on the picture that it will work on mobile data which means that you aren't using your home WiFi.

Attachments

• Mi DAFANG DATA.png
    Mi DAFANG DATA.png
    928.5 KB · Views: 747
Reactions: Benww
Hi! I've tried all the suggestions from the previous posts (set China, use native app, etc.), but I end up with a "region restriction" while trying to access the camera from MiHome app:

I was really hoping to resolve this by the suggested built-in "Appeal" way and even emailed that address, but it seems that it's dead, nobody respond me for a week already:

Just in case if this can be resolved here directly, this is my MAC:

---

Does anyone know other workarounds, guys? :) Would appreciate any help, thanks!

Last edited: