Notification delay

ibrido8

Members
May 20, 2013
Using wifi or 3G Whatsapp (every version) and some other social apps (facebook messenger etc...) give a notification delay of 10/15 min..... it doesn't happen every time....I really don't understand why...
I use Xiaomi mi2s with the last miui android rom.....but it happened also with older releses.
My wifi is always on, even in stand by.
I try to use PNF app but it doesn't change.

:eek:

I had this problem too. The cause was my isp modem which was in router mode and another router behind that one. When I switched the modem from router to bridge mode the problem was solved.

Somewhere in your connection the c2dm port (google's push service) is probably being blocked.

At least try to look into it. If that isn't it, you won't have lost anything. I also thought 3g was being weird, but it ended up being something else.

I have just one router for wifi and the connection is ok......before when I used a galaxyS2 I didn't have this problem with the same wifi connection .....
I think it is a bug of the rom or something like that.
Hoping someone could find a fix.
:rolleyes:

It's not related to connection... I have three devices with the same Google account, all connected to WiFi. Gmail notifications come in the same time on my Acer a510 and Motorola MS2, after 10-15 minutes on my Xiaomi Mi2

I have the same problem with my Mi2.
I tried every possible ROM(MIUI,WIUI,stock) and a lot of versions of those ROMS, but no fix.

I think there is no software fix, I guess it's a hardware/firmware problem.

@gmail delay: MIUI has a delay of 15 minutes for Gmail, you can't make the delay shorter. Check the email settings for your Gmail account.

I have the same problem with my Mi2.
I tried every possible ROM(MIUI,WIUI,stock) and a lot of versions of those ROMS, but no fix.

I think there is no software fix, I guess it's a hardware/firmware problem.

@gmail delay: MIUI has a delay of 15 minutes for Gmail, you can't make the delay shorter. Check the email settings for your Gmail account.

format your internal memory (SD card)...

I tried also this ..... no fix.....
Waiting for solution, this issuse is very annoying :mad:

I've already tried this app (read the first post)...... and it doesn't change anything...

Using wifi or 3G Whatsapp (every version) and some other social apps (facebook messenger etc...) give a notification delay of 10/15 min..... it doesn't happen every time....I really don't understand why...
I use Xiaomi mi2s with the last miui android rom.....but it happened also with older releses.
My wifi is always on, even in stand by.
I try to use PNF app but it doesn't change.

:eek:

I had the same problem. Ended up switching to stock ROM and the problem is gone, battery life got better and actually the phone is ridiculously fast.
  • I use SnapCamera from play store (as i dont like the camera that comes with stock ROM). MIUI camera would be an ideal choice but it doesnt work on Stock ROM
  • Also I use LBE Security Master app from XDA. It works equally good (or even better) as the guard you get on MIUI ROM
  • I also use Avast as it provides completely free antivirus, theft protection as well as firewall
  • Using Xposed xtheme engine for making up for themes (but it is no where close to MIUI theme manager of course)
Hope this helps.

So you confirm that is a ROM problem ........... I hope some developer could fix this ASAP...... but I found strange that no one is talking about this....:confused:

Which stock rom are you using (with delay fix)??

Same here. All notifications come with a delay...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

allow popup window for that app and mark it as trusted app..

Same problem here.

Using Galaxy s4, HTC One, Asus Transformer and Xiaomi mi2 with same WIFI connection. All devices get gmail push notification instantly but Xiaomi Mi2 not.

Try Push Notifications Fixer application.
It didn't help the OP, but maybe it will help you.