New notification issues in miui 14

Adding the Android Auto problems (starting from MIUI 13, WIFI drops for a bit on GSM network changes, which disconnects Android Auto) to the latest deal-breaking notifications issues, the best stable ROM seems to be 12.x.

Last edited:
The notification issue is VERY serious. There seem to be two main problems, unrelated to each other. When notifications arrive, unlocking the phone with either fingerprint or face ID automatically deletes them.
The other problem is that some applications simply do not receive notifications, regardless of the app's energy saving settings.
At least for the problem of automatically deleting notifications, is there a solution? It is absurd that this happens on so many devices and no one is doing anything about it. There are numerous reports of this bug but no one seems to care.
Thank you for understanding.

The notification issue is VERY serious. There seem to be two main problems, unrelated to each other. When notifications arrive, unlocking the phone with either fingerprint or face ID automatically deletes them.
The other problem is that some applications simply do not receive notifications, regardless of the app's energy saving settings.
At least for the problem of automatically deleting notifications, is there a solution? It is absurd that this happens on so many devices and no one is doing anything about it. There are numerous reports of this bug but no one seems to care.
Thank you for understanding.
Reportedly they don't have these issues on the chinese ROMs (excluding the legacy AA one).

so far every miui 14 roms i tried including global and EEA had notifications issue on poco f3...
dev seems a little better but still some notifications missing sometimes
i ended up on miui 13 EEA rom which seems better notifications wise but still not perfect ( only tested with whatsapp on all roms)

A tragedy for me, total random notifications regardless of settings. I'm waiting for a repair update, if it doesn't appear then I'll do a downgrade. Does anyone know if it can be done without loss of data?

I tried stable version V14.0.2.0.TLCCNXM but I had to downgrade to version V13.0.41.0.SLCCNXM - lost all data! Now I'm in version V14.0.23.2.13.DEV, advised by some friends here. I'ts a pretty stable version. I don't find problems with notifications, but power consumption it's pretty high... (I didn't lost any data moving from stable version to Dev version). I'm waiting for a working stable version to change again...

I tried stable version V14.0.2.0.TLCCNXM but I had to downgrade to version V13.0.41.0.SLCCNXM - lost all data! Now I'm in version V14.0.23.2.13.DEV, advised by some friends here. I'ts a pretty stable version. I don't find problems with notifications, but power consumption it's pretty high... (I didn't lost any data moving from stable version to Dev version). I'm waiting for a working stable version to change again...
Latest Dev is already a bit better on the battery, but still pretty high indeed.
But atleast it doesn't have the notification as stable 14 has.

I have also one app which isn't receiving no notifications.
- I disabled battery safe options
- enabled all notifications
- locked app in app manager
- in security app in battery optimisation I set all to never.

What else can I do?
App is called EZVIZ so it's a camera surveillance app so notifications are important.
Mi 11 Pro with latest MIUI 14 stable

Latest Dev is already a bit better on the battery, but still pretty high indeed.
But atleast it doesn't have the notification as stable 14 has.
So do you reckon that V14.0.23.4.2.DEV might be a better choice for my Mi11? Now running 14.0.8.0 Stable and it reeks havoc on my notifications, on all apps, no discrimination!

Thank you!

More likely yes, I didn't change anything from the existing settings, I installed the update and to my surprise the alarm clocks I once set rang in the morning ;)

Reactions: Dutchgio
More likely yes, I didn't change anything from the existing settings, I installed the update and to my surprise the alarm clocks I once set rang in the morning ;)
That's good to hear, makes Stable a viable option to switch too in the future as weekly updates are coming to an end.

Reactions: TTome
Same problem, 14.0.4 on Mix 4.

Most of the time, all notifications work. It's when the phone has been locked or sleep mode for a long time, notifications only appear as I unlock the screen.