Novice with few questions

TheNewbie

Members
Sep 3, 2018
Hello community!

I've recently became a happy mi 8 se owner, which I've purchased through AliExpress, but have few questions.

The seller asked me after the purchase if I want to flash my phone or they'll do it. I've told them to do it for me. They said it's from here xiaomi.eu.

So the questions.

1. Could they put some malware before shipping me the phone?

2. The OS version is 9.5.10, is it going to update by itself?

3. The phone is unlocked, is it dangerous?

4. What's the difference between the official OS and the one from xiaomi.eu?

5. I had 2 glitches, one my phone makes completely green pictures sometimes when HDR is on. Second sometimes colors start washing out while scrolling, but if record it on screen doesn't show. Are these OS glitches?

Sorry for the multiple questions, but will be very happy if someone enlight me.

Hello community!

I've recently became a happy mi 8 se owner, which I've purchased through **********, but have few questions.

The seller asked me after the purchase if I want to flash my phone or they'll do it. I've told them to do it for me. They said it's from here xiaomi.eu.

So the questions.

1. Could they put some malware before shipping me the phone?

2. The OS version is 9.5.10, is it going to update by itself?

3. The phone is unlocked, is it dangerous?

4. What's the difference between the official OS and the one from xiaomi.eu?

5. I had 2 glitches, one my phone makes completely green pictures sometimes when HDR is on. Second sometimes colors start washing out while scrolling, but if record it on screen doesn't show. Are these OS glitches?

Sorry for the multiple questions, but will be very happy if someone enlight me.

1.Certainly.

2. Is not going to auto update itself. You can update by the updater app.

3. It certainly can be dangerous to be a unlocked phone.

* The solution for both 1 and 3 is to reinstall rom after you received it. *

4. Check this wiki for the differences.

5. I didn't encounter these issues on my phone.

Reactions: TheNewbie
Thanks for the reply and your time. About the malware, isn't going to be erased in the next update? From what I saw in the Wikipedia link updates usually come once in two months.

Also in the updater section there's no 3 dots on top right like my redmi note 4, (which is newer version already) just check for updates.

Thanks for the reply and your time. About the malware, isn't going to be erased in the next update? From what I saw in the Wikipedia link updates usually come once in two months.

Also in the updater section there's no 3 dots on top right like my redmi note 4, (which is newer version already) just check for updates.

An update is just what it said, an update. It would not erase anything in you phone.

Some maleware would also disable the update, all you'll get is an error when trying to update.

I'm unsure if I'm allowed to share where I've purchased it because first time was censored, but I'll give a screenshot from the place.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
It's called Mi Global Store it Ali, it has 113k feedbacks, it's unlikely they've shipped me the phone with something suspicious?

HI,
I bought my phone on the same place, but different store, they unlock the phone too ! Why would they want to spy on every customer ? To increase their sells adapt their advertising ? Is this a secret chinese police ? Sometimes we're to paranoid, sometimes to naive ?
If wiping all the data (say YES in TWRP) before update, could the "malware" be erased ?

I don't think it's that much about spying, but trying to steal bank cards, accounts and .etc