Oem Unlock Problems + General Flashing Problems

MC_Kejml

Members
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,

I cannot find OEM Unlock; I currently have the official Chinese developer ROM from the official MIUI pages "Fastboot".

Redmi Note 3 MTK Latest China Developer Version Fastboot File Download <--- This one

Redmi Note 3 MTK Latest China Stable Version Fastboot File Download

I have tried both versions, but not one seems to display the OEM Unlock option. I was thinking if I haven't installed a wrong ROM, as there were also

Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm Latest China Developer Version Fastboot File Download

Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm Latest China Stable Version Fastboot File Download

Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm Latest Global Developer Version Fastboot File Download

Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File Download.

I am looking to find OEM unlock so I could install TWRP and flash a custom rom (Basically MIUI 8 in my native language that supports google play etc.) Most likely, my phone is already unlocked, because I can access Fastboot and the web service does not offer me the "Apply for Unlock" option.
So: Should I have installed a different ROM for me to see OEM unlock?

I also saw another method of flashing, again on en miui com, where you first enter the EDL mode, but I cannot do so (I haven't found a guide that works), and using the ADB application during fastboot shows me that no devices are connected.

I am quite desperate about this, as my phone, using the Chinese ROM, cannot do many things it used to do. Please help! :(

My MIUI version is MIUI 8 6.9.8 Beta - the MTK developer rom.

Oem unlock option is under settings - developer options but it is only the option which allows the user to unlock the bootloader. You need yo unlock it with miflash unlock tool (not the same as miflash tool for rom flashing). Google fastboot bootloader check to see how you can verify if your bootloader is unlocked.

You need win x64 and mi pc suite to indtall yhe drivers with which your phone will be recognized by the pc. When you plug the phone to the pc with mi pc suote running, it should automatically install drivers.

Rom version is ok if your phone is mtk (settings - about phone - cpu = octa-core)