[OFFICIAL] [RECOVERY] [11] [star/mars] TeamWin Recovery Project

vutruonghainam

Members
Apr 13, 2012
Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
Onscreen keyboard
Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP, for Mi 11 Pro/Ultra

USB OTG will not work
Decrypting Android 12 will only work if you remove pin/password

Installation:
1. fastboot boot twrp.img
2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Updating to a newer build:
1. download new build to internal storage
2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
4. select the new image
5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

thanks to : @erfanoabdi @Cozzmy13

Trees:
https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_star
https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_mars

Download:
star: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomimi11ultra.html

mars: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomimi11pro.html

Last edited:
thank you, unfortunately it doesn't work very well

with latest stable ROM and TWRP 3.5.1, I used "Installation" method (because there is no "Install Recovery Ramdisk" in this old TWRP)
after that, phone was rebooting only to fastboot
so I reflashed the ROM and Magisk

ROM is back and working fine, but... new TWRP is gone
it looks like reflashing the ROM restores old TWRP

Last edited:
Reactions: vutruonghainam
thank you, unfortunately it doesn't work very well

with latest stable ROM and TWRP 3.5.1, I used "Installation" method (because there is no "Install Recovery Ramdisk" in this old TWRP)
after that, phone was rebooting only to fastboot
so I reflashed the ROM and Magisk

ROM is back and working fine, but... new TWRP is gone
it looks like reflashing the ROM restores old TWRP
Same here,you can just reinstall old twrp no need to flash rom.

The same thing happens to me, when I reinstall the ROM, it puts me back to the old twrp 3.5

If I'm not mistaken, the recovery doesn't sit on its own partition, rather is a part of the boot partition, so reflashing ROM will erase it. Search around the forum a bit, you might find some more info.

Reactions: katerpanne
I tried to install latest TWRP on my recently upgraded MI 11 Ultra to stable 13.0.5.0 (Android 12)
everything is working great :emoji_slight_smile:
TWRP stays after reboots, rooting by installing Magisk Canary works too
so, TWRP developers, thank you very much, nice work!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

I tried to install latest TWRP on my recently upgraded MI 11 Ultra to stable 13.0.5.0 (Android 12)
everything is working great :emoji_slight_smile:
TWRP stays after reboots, rooting by installing Magisk Canary works too
so, TWRP developers, thank you very much, nice work!!! :emoji_thumbsup:
Hi can it decrypt partitions if you set PIN / PW or Pattern ?

I have a update shown but cant download new update! Have read that its a problem with download to phone! I just got my new ultra from China and it have EU rom installed with otg and twrp! I just find fastboot star update and No recovery to download! Im new to this and not a pro! Do i need to update with computer or will it work soon as it should?

I have a update shown but cant download new update! Have read that its a problem with download to phone! I just got my new ultra from China and it have EU rom installed with otg and twrp! I just find fastboot star update and No recovery to download! Im new to this and not a pro! Do i need to update with computer or will it work soon as it should?
You can do it at:

Reactions: Hamre
Fastboot install only for now as there is no A12 TWRP that works currently. Extract the files and connect your phone in fastboot mode and click on the update bat file. Just wait until it reboots before you disconnect the phone.

look here

Fastboot install only for now as there is no A12 TWRP that works currently. Extract the files and connect your phone in fastboot mode and click on the update bat file. Just wait until it reboots before you disconnect the phone.
Thanks!

I agree, but after briefly switching to Global so I could test drive the new recovery, I suspect TWRP could work with the A12/MIUI 13 EU ROM if only we had access to the RECOVERY format update. But they're only providing FASTBOOT format updates now.

Reactions: Mark F