"ok Google" Hotword Doesn't Work On Stable Rom

maximumwarp

Members
Feb 23, 2012
Hello,
I own a Redmi Pro unlocked with MIUI stable 8.1.2.0 ROM downloaded from Xiaomi.eu.
I am very satisfied with the device but I can't use "Ok Google" hotword on all screens to ask questions, start searching with Google, etc...
If I pronounce "Ok Google" after touching microphone in Google app it works perfectly.
I gave microphone permission to the app.
Is possible to use hotword in MIUI? How can I fix the problem?

Thank you!

Hi to settings, apps , hit defaults at the bottom of the screen, scroll to voice and assist and choose Google ( comes up as launcher 3 for me for some reason) after this you should be able to enable voice from any screen the usual way.

Hi to settings, apps , hit defaults at the bottom of the screen, scroll to voice and assist and choose Google ( comes up as launcher 3 for me for some reason) after this you should be able to enable voice from any screen the usual way.

Now it works but I didn't do anything, the "Voice and assist" setting was already se on Launcher 3 (Google)... :/

Thank you very much.

I tried your solution and now Google Now and "Ok Google" hotword works, but when I'm inside Android Auto and try to use voice commands, the app says "Please unlock the device in order to use voice commands on Android Auto", even if the device is unlocked.

If I disable fingerprint unlock and then enable it again, OK Google starts working inside Android Auto, but when I restart the phone the problem returns.
I hope you can help, thanks in advance :).

Reactions: losdukos
Unfortunately still not working in Android Auto with last 7.7.20... Even worse the temporary fix mentioned here leads to in latest Miui8 version that it also erases all your saved fingerprints.

Any ideas for a solution anybody?

Gesendet von meinem MI 5 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Unfortunately still not working in Android Auto with last 7.7.20... Even worse the temporary fix mentioned here leads to in latest Miui8 version that it also erases all your saved fingerprints.

Any ideas for a solution anybody?

Gesendet von meinem MI 5 mit Tapatalk
Maybe you should post it in the MI5 section for help