Optimize Battery Life with Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru (Beta)

boojay

Members
Jan 9, 2013
Giving this app a shot from the Play Store: Snapdragon BatteryGuru

EDITED: My apologies, the app is not currently compatible with the Xiaomi Mi-2, but the developer has said there are future plans to do so. I will update, once it is available.

UPDATE: The apk is available here, post #7. (Thanks to derbestimmer & grondinm)

Also, you might want to consider Greenify from the Play Store, which apparently ALSO optimizes battery.

Description

Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru extends battery performance and improves overall user experience by intelligently making changes that optimize Snapdragon device functionality. This app:
• Delivers longer battery life with fewer charges
• Intelligently learns how you use your Snapdragon smartphone and optimizes your device without disabling smartphone functionality
• Requires no user configuration - Snapdragon BatteryGuru automatically learns and adjusts the smartphone settings so you don’t have to.
After a brief 2-4 day introduction period, Snapdragon BatteryGuru learns the user’s behaviors and then notifies the user that it is ready to extend the battery life and improve the experience. Snapdragon BatteryGuru continues to operate in the background, deepening its understanding of the user and further optimizing the experience over time.

lol. wonder why it's not compatible with the Mi2. being a recent device it should be compatible...

lol. wonder why it's not compatible with the Mi2. being a recent device it should be compatible...

You would think, hey? I feel like such an idiot. I guess I was too overly excited to share with everyone.

Swyped from my Mi 2

I sent an email to the developer(s) and got an immediate reply:

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are working hard to roll out support for more Snapdragon devices and countries over the next days and weeks.

Please check back soon.

Regards,
Snapdragon BatteryGuru Team

So I guess we can at least use this thread to keep track...

Or maybe one of the devs here can figure out a way to override the incompatibility.

maybe but i would rather wait for official compatibility. i will keep checking the store and update here as soon as i can install it.

had it on my mi2 for about 4 days it went from learning mode to energy saving mode after the 3rd day... i couldn't make out any differences so i uninstalled it... try it yourself. you can get it from xda via google

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: boojay
Thanks for the heads up, guys. While perusing through the thread, I also noted someone said Greenify could be a good alternative, so I'll likely try that one out as well.

After a couple of days, I have to report that the app seems to be working even though it's still configuring.

Normally I get 3 to 4 hours on screen time (OST) with the 2000 mAh battery, but with my last two charges (and the app running), I got 5 and 4.5 hr OST. I judge battery life based on OST because that means I'm using my phone. The actual uptime varies from 12 hours and up. Heck, it would last days if I never touched my phone, but the OST would be minimal, naturally.

Currently I'm testing it on my 3120 mAh which I usually get 5 to 6.5 hr OST with, but with BatteryGuru, I'm currently sitting at 5 hr OTS with 43% battery left. I streamed 4 hours straight of HD TV/movies last night and it only drained 40% (or 10%/hr). I anticipate that eventually I'll be able to squeeze out 8 to 10 hours of OTS which I know some folks would be ecstatic to have as their total uptime, period, let alone OST.

Reactions: ehrles and ubelai
After a couple of days, I have to report that the app seems to be working even though it's still configuring.

Normally I get 3 to 4 hours on screen time (OST) with the 2000 mAh battery, but with my last two charges (and the app running), I got 5 and 4.5 hr OST. I judge battery life based on OST because that means I'm using my phone. The actual uptime varies from 12 hours and up. Heck, it would last days if I never touched my phone, but the OST would be minimal, naturally.

Currently I'm testing it on my 3120 mAh which I usually get 5 to 6.5 hr OST with, but with BatteryGuru, I'm currently sitting at 5 hr OTS with 43% battery left. I streamed 4 hours straight of HD TV/movies last night and it only drained 40% (or 10%/hr). I anticipate that eventually I'll be able to squeeze out 8 to 10 hours of OTS which I know some folks would be ecstatic to have as their total uptime, period, let alone OST.

OST is where observations should really be made to work on.
I'm personally not fussed if my device dropped 10% battery overnight simply on standby; for me it's the phone usage that counts.
Good stuff boojay!

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

OST is where observations should really be made to work on.
I'm personally not fussed if my device dropped 10% battery overnight simply on standby; for me it's the phone usage that counts.
Good stuff boojay!

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

;D

Battery Guru finished configuring last night so we'll see how consistent this is. I know my regular battery stats pretty well, so I'll notice any kind of benefit. As noted, I'm a pretty heavy user, I think I use my phone almost as much as my PC, so I really put it to work.

Swyped from my Mi 2

That's strange, V5 is still Jelly Bean 4.1.1, I wonder why...

Swyped from my Mi 2

Probably kernel (what is the kernel in the current V5 build? I assume it's newer)

but...after a whole day it's still in learning mode?

It took 2 days for mine to exit learning mode.

That said, ever since the learning period, I've noticed I've gone back to my old battery life, which is weird. I was definitely getting better life while it was learning, but now everything is just normal. If that's the case, I would just uninstall the app because there's no point then.

I'll be testing it out for about another week before making my decision.