Order Directly From China Pros And Cons

Mlk108

Members
Dec 6, 2016
Hello, I am new to everything related to Xiaomi but I wanted to get a mi5 and I was advised by a friend to buy it from aliexpress directly from China. He already did it but in contrary to me he is quite into electronics and can figure out things if they go wrong. Unfortunately he can't help me anymore so that's why I'm writing here, i thought you guys might be the best persons to ask around here.
I have been told by official shops here in Russia that if I bought a phone unofficially or directly from China they would not be tested and would break down quickly. My friend says it's not true, but I have other friends who have xiaomis bought directly from China and they sometimes have troubles with them, especially one of them is often unreachable and some other issues.
I also did some research and although I don't understand much of what is being told, I understood that there is a certain version called global version or whatever that is compatible with the western world ... which reminds me that my friend told me to ask the retailer to instal global software into the phone he will send me.
In short, I'm quite confused and I wanted to ask for advices and maybe if some of you who did buy directly from China what was your experience and what I should know and expect.
Thank you so much in advance.

Hi, I too looked at Aliexpress but ended up getting it cheaper here & I think they are still one of the cheapest:
www.to2c.com/hk-warehouse-xiaomi-mi5.html
They offer good support & answer any questions you may have prior to purchase.
They also gave me a free tempered glass protector & case as gifts.
You will notice in the options when purchasing you can select which ROM you want installed but just a note on that is it may be a vendor ROM like 8.0.5.0.0 which is what nearly all people that buy from the grey market have found.
This ROM may or may not have bloatware etc.
Anyway you can flash it with the Xiaomi.eu or one of the Official ROM's after you get it if you are concerned.
Also look here for the cheapest comparison sites, click in the blue price tag & it will show you the comparison prices:
https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi5-32gb

Hope that clears some of your concerns up.

Sent from my R7g using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBadBertie
Btw, I wouldn't be concerned with the quality from Xiaomi as they are are the biggest selling Chinese phone company.
Just enquire about your warranty period & terms with whomever you decide to purchase from that are pretty good for the most part.

Sent from my R7g using Tapatalk