Ordered K20 Pro, got 9T Pro

Mongjohn

Members
Oct 2, 2019
I just received my K20 Pro from AliExp (Global ROM) and am looking for some advice:

The package was sealed, but the actual box wasn't.
The bootloader was already unlocked.
The box clearly says "Xiaomi K20 Pro", but Android reported the model as Xiaomi 9T Pro.

I have since installed TWRP, formatted Data and flashed the MIUI 10 EU Stable ROM from this site.

Android is now reporting the model as K20 Pro and the phone seems to be working as expected, apart from Netflix being unavailable in the Play Store.

So the questions:
Am I in the clear regarding unwanted and most likely malicious software shipped with the "stock" ROM, or am I missing a step in order to be sure the phone is clean?
Reading up on the Netflix issue, it seems this "Widevine L3" is the problem. Is there any way around this? What otheer features am I missing out on when not on L1?

Is there a chance I was actually better off with the ROM the device shipped with?

I just received my K20 Pro from AliExp (Global ROM) and am looking for some advice:

The package was sealed, but the actual box wasn't.
The bootloader was already unlocked.
The box clearly says "Xiaomi K20 Pro", but Android reported the model as Xiaomi 9T Pro.

I have since installed TWRP, formatted Data and flashed the MIUI 10 EU Stable ROM from this site.

Android is now reporting the model as K20 Pro and the phone seems to be working as expected, apart from Netflix being unavailable in the Play Store.

So the questions:
Am I in the clear regarding unwanted and most likely malicious software shipped with the "stock" ROM, or am I missing a step in order to be sure the phone is clean?
Reading up on the Netflix issue, it seems this "Widevine L3" is the problem. Is there any way around this? What otheer features am I missing out on when not on L1?

Is there a chance I was actually better off with the ROM the device shipped with?
All this is normal, except the bootloader unlock wasn't done by yourself and shouldn't be relocked and unlocked twice because the phone is not binded to your XIAOMI account.
NETFLIX apk is to be taken from unofficial source because EU rom conflict with Google version. The same for WIDELINE L1.
A patch will be issued soon I mind. (have a search for this subject comments here)
K20Pro name came because EU built is done from chinese dev rom and not from global.

Thanks so much for confirming everything is in order.

I am just amazed at how much I haven't paid for this device!