Original Xiaomi Recovery Starts Instead Of Twrp Recovery

Oct 12, 2017
Hopefully someone can help me!?

I bougt the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, a georgeous phone!

1. I unlocked the bootloader. No Problem!
2. I installed the Xiaomi twrp chiron by fastboot. No Problem!
3. I solved the Problem with the encrypted storage! Yes!!!
4. I started twrp out of fastboot mode and flashed the Image 7.9.22 from a usb-stick and it works! Wonderful!

But I can´t boot directly into twrp with power button and volume up button. In this combination the original Xiaomi Recovery is starting!!! You can´t do anything with this recovery instead of wipe.The phone doesnt start into twrp with this key shortcut. The only possibility is to start twrp from fastboot mode. Does anyone has a solution for this Problem? Is twrp the Problem? Did I make a mistake?

That is very strange. As far as I know, there is only one recovery partition. The recovery on this partition is booted, when you press Power + Vol Up.
This would mean, the original recovery is still installed.

I have come this way:
- waited 3 f***in days :)
- unlocked bootloader
- flashed TWRP (the one with all the translation issues) via this command:
Code:
 adb flash recovery filename.img
- installed xiaomi.eu ROM

later I updated the Iceman recovery via the official TWRP app.

###

I can "reboot to recovery" from the updater app or Titanium Backup as well as Power + Vol Up into TWRP.

So, bringing it all together: try flashing Iceman's via "adb flash recovery"

This happened to me too. When i was moving to Global Rom, i installed TWRP and flashed rom, but it always booted to original recovery. No idea why.

When i decided to install EU rom i flashed TWRP again, and it works now, again no idea why!

Happened to me too, I have no idea why. So I reflashed, reinstalled eu rom and then no problem.