OTA update will not install

Dubbss

Members
May 28, 2020
Hello all I have a Mi 10 Pro, there is OTA update available to download and install, downloads the update fine but when I click to install, it reboots like it's installing but never goes through the process. I did notice that during reboot animation there is a picture of a lock and next to it say unlocked does that mean the bootloader is unlocked? and stopping the update from installing? and if so how can I relock the bootloader. It also says the internal drive encrypted before it tries to install.

Thanks

MIUI 11 V11.0.16.0.QJACNXM CURRENT

Hello all I have a Mi 10 Pro, there is OTA update available to download and install, downloads the update fine but when I click to install, it reboots like it's installing but never goes through the process. I did notice that during reboot animation there is a picture of a lock and next to it say unlocked does that mean the bootloader is unlocked? and stopping the update from installing? and if so how can I relock the bootloader. It also says the internal drive encrypted before it tries to install.

Thanks

MIUI 11 V11.0.16.0.QJACNXM CURRENT
Hello,
If you use xiaomi.eu Stable ROM, you MUST have an unlocked bootloader to be able to use this custom ROM.
And yes, "unlocked" in first boot animation means 'unlocked bootloader'.
Looks like you don't have a working TWRP installed on your phone. You should (re)install TWRP to be able to install xiaomi.eu ROM updates.
;)

EDIT: "Internal encryption" is not an issue, it's a good thing. :)

Hello,
If you use xiaomi.eu Stable ROM, you MUST have an unlocked bootloader to be able to use this custom ROM.
And yes, "unlocked" in first boot animation means 'unlocked bootloader'.
Looks like you don't have a working TWRP installed on your phone. You should (re)install TWRP to be able to install xiaomi.eu ROM updates.
;)

EDIT: "Internal encryption" is not an issue, it's a good thing. :)

thanks that's what I thought how do I flash TWRP and will OTA work after that? I've used TWRP before just not sure how to flash it on this phone.
can you please direct to the correct links for TWRP

I was able to install it from fastboot least think i did i seen twrp flash on the screen then the phone rebooted

Last edited:
I was able to install it from fastboot least think i did i seen twrp flash on the screen then the phone rebooted
Rebooted to TWRP again after the first TWRP boot = Normal thing for some TWRP versions. ;)

So, it's good or not?

If not, maybe you should try another TWRP version. :)