Otg Not Working

Dawbar

Members
Sep 19, 2015
Hello.
I'm using the latest weekly ROM on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. After updating, I tried to use this magnetic micro USB cable for charge.
Now my OTG doesn't work anymore (it used to work and it works on another Xiaomi). I don't know if this type of magnetic cable could have broken it. Maybe a short circuit happened between The VCC and The data pin when I touched it or anything... Any ideas?

I can't post photos or links, but it's the kind of cable that one small part is permanently plugged in the phone, and the cable is connected by magnetic power.

Hello.
I'm using the latest weekly ROM on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. After updating, I tried to use this magnetic micro USB cable for charge.
Now my OTG doesn't work anymore (it used to work and it works on another Xiaomi). I don't know if this type of magnetic cable could have broken it. Maybe a short circuit happened between The VCC and The data pin when I touched it or anything... Any ideas?

Same problem here for about 3 weeks, but other rom (newest weekly). But it is independent of rom version. I am using this magnetic USB charging cable too. It worked fine for several months but then Otg stopped working. And no PC sync possible. I ordered new USB board for my RN2 but it did not arrive yet.
Did you find reason or maybe solution for your Otg issue?

I'm waiting for next month to send the phone to warranty... Please notify me if che USB board change solved the problem. Thanks!

I'm waiting for next month to send the phone to warranty... Please notify me if che USB board change solved the problem. Thanks!
USB Board has arrived yesterday. I replaced board in RN2 and OTG is back ! Connection to PC is back, too ! Replacing took about 15 minutes and is easy to do.
But now there is an other problem: Very low 2G/3G/4G Connection. I compared both USB boards and have to say the new board is bad quality. There are some contacts (seems to be for antenna) that are not on exactly the same place and that is reason for low mobile connection (no contact to antenna).
I went back to old USB board and ordered an other for replacing. This time I looked for original xiaomi board.
Hope it will arrive soon.

Original Xiaomi USB board ~ 9 USD, received "no name" USB board with low quality ~ 3 USD (do not buy this one !)

Hello, do you have the new usb board? can you send the link to the new usb board. I have the same problem.