New Playing youtube media problem

imortalitzik

Members
Mar 9, 2013
I have xiaomi mi2s and i don't know the exact rom update that cause any magazine/newspaper/any media app that has youtube link in it, to not playing the contact. I push the play button and the movie skip to the end of it without playing the content. Anyone has this issue ?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2

Yes I do. Furthermore, some time ago the phone asked me if a YouTube link should be opened directly in the YouTube app. That doesn't happen any more.
I am on mi2s miuiandroid latest build with international language pack.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk 4

I no longer get prompted to choose to open videos in the YouTube app either, it just opens up in the browser automatically. The same goes for Play store links.

Sent from my Desire S

Reactions: P-John
So anyone got an idea what is wrong ? How can it be change ?

Sent from my MI2s 32g using Tapatalk 2

Go to the applications, find browser and clear defaults, the same with any other applications which opens something you don't want.

For the YouTube videos I had the same problem, I download chrome and they work fine.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: miz_pimp
Unfortunately, there's nothing to clear in my browser app info, so that isn't the solution for me, but thank you anyway. :)

Sent from my Desire S

installing chrome and using it as standard browser did help. Chrome asks how to handle youtube links, and opens the app if selected.

I too have this problem and I don't really want to use a third party browser like chrome as I like the default browser. It is really annoying that I don't get a request to open the app for the web page I am opening, be it you tube, play store, Google maps etc.
Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated or maybe this can be fixed in a future update.

Reactions: principio
Like others, I ended up with installing chrome and flash plugin. So it's working for me now. I believe there is a problem with file type association.

Reactions: bialabs
How could we report this bug to the awesome miui team, in order to get their comments ?

It seems like miui team don't here about this bug, cause as i see it, many people has it, maybe all of them.

I also have this problem and it seems that it came since version 3.12.15 I think. Anybody with the solution please share!