New Poco F2 Pro 12.1.3 ROM VoWIFI and Netflix

kormi

Members
Aug 5, 2016
Hi,

I have Stable 12.1.3 ROM installed and I have noticed that Netflix HDR videos are much darker than they were in the 12.0.8 Stable ROM.
I checked the Netflix application and it says the device has Widevine L1 certification but it is handling the HDR videos somehow different.

Other thing is the VoWIFI function for Poco F2 Pro.
Can it be somehow activated or add profile? My carrier is: DIGI HU
VoLTE works fine altough.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Cheers!

Hi,
I experience same darkness with 12.0.4 global. Netflix HDR content is unwatchable, terribly dark, compared to Huawei P30 Pro which handles Netflix HDR flawlessly.
Seems HDR display mode is not triggered correctly ?

Hi,

I have installed the original xiaomi EEA 12.0.3 and the same problem remains.
Any idea where to report this issue to be repaired in the next update?

Hi, I think the HDR issue is common in lots of devices. My Mi 10 Ultra also has the same problem when playing HDR content.

Besides, I put the following service codes in the dialer and enabled VoLTE and VoWiFi. Hope it works for you as well.
  • VoLTE *#*#86583#*#*
  • VoWIFI *#*#869434#*#*
The service code will disable the carrier validation. If the carrier supports VoLTE and/or VoWiFi, they will be automatically enabled. However, normally only top tier carriers support this functionality. For instance, here in the Netherlands, KPN, T-Mobile and Vodafone are supporting but the virtual carriers such as Youfone and lyca mobile are not. You can always contact the customer service for more information.

ever find
Hi,
I experience same darkness with 12.0.4 global. Netflix HDR content is unwatchable, terribly dark, compared to Huawei P30 Pro which handles Netflix HDR flawlessly.
Seems HDR display mode is not triggered correctly ?
ever find a fix for this?