New Poco F3 - AOD time is hanging

KL7000F

Members
Aug 29, 2021
Hi there,

I have a Poco F3 in the current stable version 12.5.14. With this update I got the problem that the AOD clock gets stuck irregularly on the lock screen. In other words, the time stops. The time is only corrected again when I press or unlock the power button.

Are there any other people affected or even a solution?

Andy

Reactions: zcaldeira
It's very annoying this bug. I haven't found a solution yet. Would like to downgrade, but that would be a clean install. Also stupid.

In the meantime I switched to OneOS. This rom is based on xiaomi.eu. I am currently at 21.9.27 / MIUI 12.6. Here the clock is good. Sometimes the notification effect hangs - but only briefly.

Edit: Unfortunately I was disappointed again today. Clock got stuck. Pity!

Last edited:
Same here, xiaomi.eu 12.5.14.

I think the problem is not the clock, but AOD updates. When the clock hangs, it stays on the same position on the screen. So AOD is not being updated. Notifications are not displayed too.

Yes, I also think it's because of the aod app ("com.miui.aod"). The version from 19.09. still had problems. A newer version (v. 2.9.772-09151317) is available: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/always-on-mode/

I can install the version, but it is no longer in the app list (Settings - Apps - System Apps). But it does work. I don't know whether it will run flawlessly.
Is there a way to get this installed correctly? I think that this is not entirely correct ?!

In theory, the versions before August should be without this bug. How can you e.g. downgrade that? In case the current version still has the bug.

Yes, I also think it's because of the aod app ("com.miui.aod"). The version from 19.09. still had problems. A newer version (v. 2.9.772-09151317) is available: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/always-on-mode/

I can install the version, but it is no longer in the app list (Settings - Apps - System Apps). But it does work. I don't know whether it will run flawlessly.
Is there a way to get this installed correctly? I think that this is not entirely correct ?!

In theory, the versions before August should be without this bug. How can you e.g. downgrade that? In case the current version still has the bug.
Go in Settings - Apps - Apps then go in "3-dots" menu (top-right) > "Display system-apps -or- Display all apps" (if not done already) >You should find "Always-on display" app here

You need Magisk (root) if you want to downgrade system-apps. ;)

I'm already showing the system apps. Is no longer displayed after an update (if i just install the app over a file manager).
How can I downgrade with Magisk?
I tried it, like the fix for the recent apps. But that was the same result (app was no longer displayed.)

I'm having same issue with my F3, I turn off the AOD option then restart my phone and activate the AOD with different clock style and works for few days well but now again same issue.

I installed the module on Poco F3 with Version 12.5.14, but then AOD did not work any more. I could not even deactivate / activate it in settings.
Uninstalled it in Magisk and AOD is working again, but problem is not solved :-(
What's the version of the "Always-on Display" app included in 12.5.14?

Reactions: Ackermann
Deactivate button is greyed out, Uninstall is not available. Maybe I have to wait till next update?
Yes..., or if AOD worked fine in the previous Stable version (12.5.6), I can extract the AOD apk from this ROM's version and create a Magisk module. ;)

Reactions: Ackermann
Yes..., or if AOD worked fine in the previous Stable version (12.5.6), I can extract the AOD apk from this ROM's version and create a Magisk module. ;)
Yes, previous version worked flawless. If you can give me a magisk module, I would give it a try.

This version works correctly in the weekly ROM.

Odesláno z Poco F3 pomocí Tapatalk

Attachments

• c9e8c234737389011f413604fbb67e87.jpg
    c9e8c234737389011f413604fbb67e87.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: Poney70
@gogocar62 Would be nice if you can share the apk (MiuiAod.apk) located in "/system/priv-app/MiuiAod" folder (by using Magisk or TWRP). :)

Install this Magisk module in Magisk app: MIUI-Xiaomi.eu_MIUI_AOD_app_RELEASE-2.9.770-08131627-Magisk.zip

;)

EDIT: Updated the Magisk module with a more recent and working AOD app, please thanks @gogocar62's posts below for sharing this version. :)

If I'm not mistaken, this version had already caused problems for me. So far, I have no problems with your original version (2.9.696-03031914). I've uploaded it again in case someone needs it or wants to test it. Thanks again to you!

MIUI-Xiaomi.eu_MIUI_AOD_app_RELEASE-2.9.696-03031914.zip

Last edited: