Poor Bluetooth Quality

The Dork Knight

Members
Jan 11, 2012
Is anyone else experiencing poor Bluetooth quality with Mi Note? The sound stream (Deezer, Google Music etc.) is really poor, both on my car Bluetooth system and standalone Bluetooth speakers at home.

Stream from other devices (HTC One M7 and a laptop) is perfectly good sounding.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

I am on my Mi4. It just plain sucks. I've tried my phone on 3 different car stereos and numerous Bluetooth speakers and it sounds the same, like someone took a dump in my speakers. I've tried asking on here and on the en.miui forums about it and I get no response. I'm really surprised no one at Xiaomi listens to music via Bluetooth because this issue really needs to be fixed.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Dork Knight
On another note, when running an aosp/cm ROM on my phone, the quality is night and day between MIUI, so it is definitely software related.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Thought as much, it does indeed sound like a software problem. Sadly, there's no ROM other than MIUI available for Mi Note so I guess I'm stuck with ****** Bluetooth sound quality until Xiaomi can be bothered to fix it. In my experience so far, that could take a while...

Anyway, thanks for your input man, much appreciated.

Reactions: Ulver
Thought as much, it does indeed sound like a software problem. Sadly, there's no ROM other than MIUI available for Mi Note so I guess I'm stuck with ****** Bluetooth sound quality until Xiaomi can be bothered to fix it. In my experience so far, that could take a while...

Anyway, thanks for your input man, much appreciated.
In case anyone was wondering, MIUI is definitely to blame for poor Bluetooth quality. After installing 5.1.1 Lollipop (AOSP), the BT quality went from horrible to perfect.

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

I used my note pro to stream music to my car for a weekend trip. You guys are right it isnt the greatest. It seems to work for a while and then it starts cutting out erratically.