Pop-Up [Push the screen down to open camera]

zacshann

Members
Jan 14, 2019
Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to disable the aforementioned pop-up? For example if you open an application like Snapchat it will automatically pop-up this message in a solid black box and cover up a large portion of the center of the screen until you slide the phone down. This is kind of annoying because, at least in that particular app, you don't even have to be in the camera portion for this message to appear, for example in your feed, viewing a snap, or on the discover page. I imagine its partially Snapchats fault, as they probably invoke the camera as soon as you open the app to have a smooth transition into it, but regardless the pop-up is obnoxious, unpolished, and frankly unnecessary on Xiaomi's part at least after showing it once or twice to "teach" new users.

I've attached an example below:
popup-com.snapchat.android.png

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks! :)

Attachments

• popup-com.snapchat.android.jpg
    popup-com.snapchat.android.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 710
Just as an update to this, I figured out a way around this. If you set the camera to not remember its last used setting it will always default to opening the rear camera first, negating this problem. You will have to switch the camera to the front when using snapchat or any other app that requests the camera (if necessary) but its miles better than dealing with the pop-up. :)