Problem updating weekly -- 0mb Internal storage in TWRP

hpmp109

Members
Dec 1, 2020
Hi all,

I've messed up my phone so many time before, so just wanted to get your advice before I pressed any buttons! @Poney70 was always a lifesaver (and I'm secretly hoping he/she might see this and come to the rescue! )

Trying to update from weekly 21.1.20 to the latest weekly ROM. I have a Mi 10 (umi) running TWRP 3.4.2b-1206 for mi 10 by wzsx150. Here's what I did to try and update to the latest weekly:
  • I downloaded the weekly rom to my phone's 'Downloads' folder
  • Rebooted to recovery from the updater app
  • Tried to find the downloaded file in the 'Install' section, but in TWRP I can't find the 'Downloads' folder and it says my Internal Storage is 0mb
What can I do? I'm keen to learn the best way to do this so that I can easily update my phone in the future! What are your suggestions? Can someone please give me some step-by-step instructions where I'm going wrong? Thanks so much!

Hello :)

First, you should flash a new TWRP (via fastboot). Rcommended TWRP for Mi 10 (umi) is this one => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586336678

TWRP should ask for your Screen Lock password, PIN or pattern.

You can try to use a pattern, instead of a password or PIN, if TWRP doesn't ask for it or returns "Invalid password/PIN".

Last thing to try is to remove your Screen Lock, boot TWRP then browse in " /data/media/0 " (= internal storage of your device).

;)

Hey Poney!

Thanks for replying. There's no way of updating without having to flash the new version of TWRP?

If I flash that version of TWRP, will I lose all photos, data and apps?

Thanks!

Okay, amazing!

So how exactly do I flash this new TWRP? I need ADB right? Where can I find it?

Sorry, I'm such a noob -- I'm learning! Haha!

Hi @Poney70 ,

I downloaded Minimal Adb and Fastboot from this link. When I run the 'cmd-here' file in the installation folder and I press 'adb devices' it cannot find my Mi 10 which is in Fastboot mode...

I am SO confused. Where can I find an official trusted link for ADB + all drivers I need for my Mi 10?

Thanks again.

Use "fastboot devices" command and use "fastboot" commands when in Fastboot. "adb" commands can be used when your device is booted in Recovery or System. ;)

Use "fastboot devices" command and use "fastboot" commands when in Fastboot. "adb" commands are used when your device is booted in Recovery or System. ;)

Still not working :/

If I open Powershell menu in the folder and use 'fastboot devices' it comes up with nothing. Same if I run the 'cmd-here' file and use 'fastboot devices'.

Still not working :/

If I open Powershell menu in the folder and use 'fastboot devices' it comes up with nothing. Same if I run the 'cmd-here' file and use 'fastboot devices'.
Uninstall your actual "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" tool.

Install this tool => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586378106

;)

Install Xiaomi Drivers if "fastboot devices" command doesn't find your device => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/problems-with-updating.61957/post-616357

:)

Yes it's safe. ;)

Thanks Poney. Can you recommend another edition of ADB & fastboot that won't trigger Windows Defender and Virus Total?

I'm using a work laptop so I can't actually run the installation as Windows defender blocks it!

Then download the latest Official "platform-tools" by Google => https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

;)

Okay, perfect! I downloaded the one from the official Android developer site (here) but when running PowerShell in the folder I still get the error with the command 'fastboot devices':

I know this is all probably super intuative for you, so I'm sorry that you're having to guide me through all these basic steps -- I really appreciatte your efforts in teaching me! :)

It's clearly written you have to use ".\fastboot" in PowerShell to use fastboot command...

It's clearly written you have to use ".\fastboot" in PowerShell to use fastboot command...

Haha, yes just saw that! So, I've successfully installed the new version of TWRP that you suggested and managed to install the latest weekly ROM!

Thank you so much for your patience. I feel like I know how to deal with any problems in the future again!

Reactions: Poney70