Problem With 7.2.23 And Unlocking Bootloader

shadowerwtas

Members
Dec 21, 2016
Hello,

Few days ago i followed the guide in the link: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-2-23-24.38808/ on how to upgrade to android 7 from 5.1 for our phone Mi4c.

Specifically i updated via the Updater to 6.12.22 as it says and then straight to 7.2.23 (which is the one i am running right now).
Now as the guide says my bootloader is locked, so i gone and applied for the unlock and i was granted permissions today and tried to unlock it but here is the problem. The unlock is stuck at 50%
I know this is a known bug and i was searching through forums to find a solution but almost everything i read require to have installed the Developer Rom firstly in order the unlock procedure to continue.
For that i gone to this link: http://en.miui.com/download-293.html and i downloaded the Developer Full Rom
but i can't update it via the Updater as i done before. My phone is stuck at Mi logo with no installation happening. I restarted the phone and once again i am back to 7.2.23 from xiaomi.eu.

If i can't update to the Dev Rom how am i supposed to unlock my bootloader or is there any other way around that i am missing?
If possible please assist because i am empty handed right now Oo
Thank you.

You just have to wait. It worked for me after five days.
This happens because the information needs time to update in the xiaomi servers! It's not instant! So you will need to wait a couple of days before using the official unlock tool! In other words, this problem happens when the phone information(rom version, build and etc) hasn't been updated yet on the xiaomi servers, so you have one thing on your phone but the servers think that you have something else, that's why they give you "the difference account error" when unlocking.

Reactions: shadowerwtas
Ty for the reply... So there is no need to somehow flash the China Dev Rom on top of 7.2.23 Weekly?
All i have to do is just wait? Seems pretty simple...
I guess i 'll wait then! :p

As it seems i didn't have to wait for a week or so... Few minutes ago i tried to re run the Unlock tool and while i thought it would stuck at 50% again somehow it moved on and finished successfully! :D

The only thing that changed from the last few times i tried to unlock it in the past 24 hours was that this time the phone was at 72% battery while all the other times it was below 40%. Still don't know if that matters at all.

So finally i flashed TWRP for 7.0 and then SuperSU and now my Mi4c is like a new phone!

PS: For others that might have the same problem i did the Unlock at 7.2.23 EU Rom.. Didn't have to install the Chinese Dev Rom.

Reactions: kmsr16
I use windows 7 stuck at 50% But i use windown 10 unlock 100% . You try replacing the computer to unlock.