Problem With Battery On My Redmi Note 2

PetranEVO

Members
Feb 10, 2016
Hello,

I have huge problem with my phone.

I get only 2.5 SOT without using it almost at all, it's brand new just got it from Vickmall . I have made fully charge more than 5 times.

I have used:
7.1.1 Stable
.24 Dev
.17 Dev
Also i have used the phone without any apps , and without any sim attached, still i am getting the same result.

Why is this problem ?
The installs were clear 100%

Reactions: MatrixLinux
Hello,

I get only 2.5 SOT without using it almost at all, it's brand new just got it from Vickmall . I have made fully charge more than 5 times.

I have used:
7.1.1 Stable
.24 Dev
.17 Dev
Also i have used the phone without any apps , and without any sim attached, still i am getting the same result.

Why is this problem ?
Hello, try turning off the auto light, turn off what you do not need from the synchronizations. Install the new ROM 6.2.28/29. If it does not work buys a new battery, and perhaps your defective, about 10 Dollars

Hello, try turning off the auto light, turn off what you do not need from the synchronizations. Install the new ROM 6.2.28/29. If it does not work buys a new battery, and perhaps your defective, about 10 Dollars

It's brand new phone how can it be deffective ?
I will install it just now the Dev one.
I have already closed everything. You don't understand quite well, the only thing that i used it , it's like a phone not wifi not anything and i got this kind of hours SOT.

It's brand new phone how can it be deffective ?
I will install it just now the Dev one.
I have already closed everything. You don't understand quite well, the only thing that i used it , it's like a phone not wifi not anything and i got this kind of hours SOT.
The battery may be defective, not the phone

Hello,

I have used:
7.1.1 Stable
.24 Dev
.17 Dev

Why is this problem ?
Dear @PetranEVO you try to detect if in your RN2 there are some Virus trojan Maleware with an antivirus ( I suggest you 360 security ).
If your phone is clean you must upgrade to last ROm available if you have STABLE OFFICIAL TEAM here http://en.miui.com/download-274.html
if you have STABLE XIAOMI:EU here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=46986
you must download 7.1.3.0 then you can wipe cache from recovery and install update ROM.
Otherwise if you have found some Virus malaware or other you must remove these and then install update... you can solve this problem and you haven't battery drain. Be careful Facebook, whatsapp, twitter are apps that can increase battery drain.

Reactions: Stefano131270
My 2 cents, and I'm pretty unhappy with battery life as well:
- battery usage is really bad, with any ROM you might try, so don't expect too much;
- turn off sync, data and wifi, and it'll last a little longer, but then what's left?;
- turn off auto brightness, it helps;
- if you want to install an older stable release, you'll be able to intall Xposed, and then install Amplify and Greenify, but it won't help much further;
- also, make sure you set balanced mode, because performance mode really sucks it all away.

There's also power profiles, but it all depends on what you want to do with your phone... if you just browse for 2 hours straight, you'll still see battery go down really fast. The only way to save battery efficiently is not using the phone, just leave it locked :/

I also noticed something. With previous versions, all the apps that weren't set to autostart,were killed by the system, even if the permission manager was off. You could check that,when you manually cleared using security center, the running apps were checked.
Now, if the permissions manager is off, apps run even if they are not allowed to autostart and aren't killed by the system. And if you run the cleaner,they aren't auto checked.
If you enable permissions manager,everything works great.

For example, Onedrive was set to off but was running all the time. After enabling permission manager,it's killed...!

That's why we may have,more battery drain on latest builds.....

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Try this to enable Permission Manager. This made a big impact on my Redmi Note 2 as far as background running apps,are concerned..

Last edited:
You could also check if you have some kind of wakelock problem. A lot of things can keep the processor busy and prevent deep sleep. It is also recommended to keep the phone on the charger beyond 100% for approximately 45 minutes. It turned out that there is a remaining space of about 350mAh on the battery when the software shows 100%.

My ROM that i have installed is from the EU Database,and NO nothing happened. It goes the same thing ,as the other phones that my friends have, not even 2 Hours SOT ,and with wifi and stuff like this turned off completely.

What the hell is going on ?
Sorry for my late reply but i moved to Poland.

I installed , after wipe all the phone the 7.1.3 of the official stable rom here that you have provided me.
I will not install not even a single app..

BUT if i am going to have SOT again only for 2 hours.

Try to say to me the next time,someone to suggest something,and not again the same things that i have trojan, or that i don't leave the phone to charge more after the 100%
I am computer engineer , i know some stuff.

I am talking to you all,to figure out what the hell is going on with the phone itself.

And afterwards i will ask the company to take place also.

Do the factory data reset and than install xiaomi.eu 6.1.29 beta hermes or latest 6.2.18

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk

I have made a factory data reset and installed the thing that was proposed to me in upper messages.
7.1.3.0 Stable. and the things are the same (yes i wipe advanced,dalvik etc. etc.) don't anyone say that.

The phone got nothing . Again 2 hours and 10 minutes of SOT without wifi , and with the usage of the data connection to be counted at 10minutes.

I will try the thing that you suggested and afterwards ,i just gonna hate this company and regret for the phone that i bought.

I have made a factory data reset and installed the thing that was proposed to me in upper messages.
7.1.3.0 Stable. and the things are the same (yes i wipe advanced,dalvik etc. etc.) don't anyone say that.

The phone got nothing . Again 2 hours and 10 minutes of SOT without wifi , and with the usage of the data connection to be counted at 10minutes.

I will try the thing that you suggested and afterwards ,i just gonna hate this company and regret for the phone that i bought.
:eek:

I've just bought a rn2 and I got a spare battery. One battery is terrible, Lloyd of lag, screen wake up very slow, sot probably 2hrs. I swap to the 2nd battery and so far no problems. Reduced lag, screen wake reasonable.
With my old phone the was a trick to condition the battery for these root of problems. It involved discharging to 0 switch phone off and recharge. Disconnect charger, Take out battery for 30 seconds replace battery does it read 100 % when u reconnect the charger. Repeat this process a couple of times the battery should then be reconditioned to recognise the correct charge.
I'm yet to try it but will give it a go later.
Has anyone else experienced a difference in batteries? Or have a better procedure for reconditioning?

I've just bought a rn2 and I got a spare battery. One battery is terrible, Lloyd of lag, screen wake up very slow, sot probably 2hrs. I swap to the 2nd battery and so far no problems. Reduced lag, screen wake reasonable.
With my old phone the was a trick to condition the battery for these root of problems. It involved discharging to 0 switch phone off and recharge. Disconnect charger, Take out battery for 30 seconds replace battery does it read 100 % when u reconnect the charger. Repeat this process a couple of times the battery should then be reconditioned to recognise the correct charge.
Has anyone else experienced a difference in batteries? Or have a better procedure for reconditioning?

I will do this also !!!!!

I checked it, the phone even if its off the battery after removal after 1 minute still shows the 100% so.... it's fully charged.

I just contacted to xiaomi because it's un-acceptable from me,to have all this phones to have the same problem and they are not ,not even 1 month old!