Proplem To Update From 7.0 Stable To 8.0 Stable

boschy1979

Members
Dec 6, 2015
Hello! I bought a new xiaomi redmi note 2 with ROM 7.0 stable (7.00.66.00 LHMCNCI) and MI-recovery 2.0.1 and I would like updating to 8.0 stable but from recovery eveytime it start to update and after 4- 5% it show me the message failed. What can I do, please?

Install our ROM.. You have a FAKE ROM..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Is there someone can help me? Have you got a solution ingbrzy? Thanks

Last edited:
Maybe the standard recovery of your "shop-rom" can't flash / install another ROM in this way.
"7.00.66.00" indicates that your device is delivered with a customized image (with adware and other useless 'gifts') by the dealer. Normal images (ROMs) showing a non-double-number version string.
Because you don't know much about the recovery (maybe modified too), I prefer to install TWRP (twrm-3.0.2-0-hermes.img) first:
- put your desired ROM zip onto your phone (default sdcard folder)
- boot in fastboot mode
- flash recovery with TWRP
- boot recovery
- clear cache and dalvik cache
- clear /system (but keep data for your ROM zip) - this is the modified crap
- flash your new ROM
- clear data (optional)
- boot
If something want work (for example your ZIP file is corrupt): you can flash ROMs using a side load mechanism or using adb push to transfer data to your phone (work within TWRP, but only if /system not cleared)

Jan

Thanks you Jan!
Yes i installed the rom stable 8.
I started by fast boot and using the PC, I installed the Twrp Hermes and after the phone leaved me to update the ROM.
Now my problem with the ROM 8 ( I tried the version 1 and as well the 2) when I plug to charge my phone, it switch off itself. I checked in the security app the save battery, and everything is off. If I put the allarm the phone switch on and after to recognise the alarm it switch off newly.
Do I have to install the weekly version 8 or are there some solutions?