purchase advice on Xiaomi 14 Ultra

Xiaomi just released the Global ROM today, and I have it installed on my Chinese Xiaomi 14 Ultra.

Everything works like a charm, even though there is hardware difference like battery capacity etc.
Hello,
How did you unlock the BL of you CN phone, to be able yo install GLOBAL ROM?
I'm planning to purchase a CN version, as well.

He didn't unlock it. He had incorrect information. He had the mistaken idea that he would unlock the CN device himself.

Glad I bought global this time. Only 26 hours to wait. Applied at 1 min past midnight Beijing time in the community app Friday, made setting in dev menu and done first unlock using unlock app, just need 26 more hours before I can finalise. The community app gives you 1 year approved unlock period on submission.

Hello,
How did you unlock the BL of you CN phone, to be able yo install GLOBAL ROM?
I'm planning to purchase a CN version, as well.
I managed to get it unlocked via Xianyu, the China second hand market. Communication with seller in Chinese required.

Xiaomi just released the Global ROM today, and I have it installed on my Chinese Xiaomi 14 Ultra.

Everything works like a charm, even though there is hardware difference like battery capacity etc.
Just flashed it as well. Just wondering if google pay works on your end or not. Mine still says not supported since bl is unlocked

If a global or CN ROM is installed with an unlocked bootloader, GPay and a few other apps will not work.

I saw some posts in the Mi community saying that there won't be a development version of OS released for 14 ultra, if that's the case, how would it affect EU development?

The absence of a "Weekly (DEV.) ROM" release is not necessarily an obstacle to support from xiaomi.eu. Most models supported by xiaomi.eu only have Stable ROM.

Reactions: xlxlxl
The absence of a "Weekly (DEV.) ROM" release is not necessarily an obstacle to support from xiaomi.eu. Most models supported by xiaomi.eu only have Stable ROM.
Thanks for the reply!
I'm still deciding between root the phone and get the Google Pay patching module or just wait for the EU ROM release. Do you know how long before the EU ROM support for 14 ultra will be released or should I maybe try rooting the phone?

Xiaomi 14 Ultra bootloader can be unlocked, Ive had that confirmed. If I get the CN version it's $800 AUD cheaper than global version including unlock of bootloader. That seems to be the best option for Aussies. Also all bands are supported for Australia on CN version.

I am going to wait to find out if xiaomi.eu ROM will be available for the Xiaomi 14 Ultra before I purchase.
Heya, I am also in Australia and I'm looking to get one as well. So far, I have found bestmobilephone selling the global version for 1950 AUD, where did you find the Chinese variant and what does that cost?

Heya, I am also in Australia and I'm looking to get one as well. So far, I have found bestmobilephone selling the global version for 1950 AUD, where did you find the Chinese variant and what does that cost?
Was just going to get a friend in China to send it to me, would cost me about $1500 AUD all up.

Bestmobilephone looks good but only 1 year warranty. I'm personally going to wait until the price drops further as supply increases. $2000 for a phone, especially a Xiaomi, is just too much, global variant or not.

Glad I bought global this time. Only 26 hours to wait. Applied at 1 min past midnight Beijing time in the community app Friday, made setting in dev menu and done first unlock using unlock app, just need 26 more hours before I can finalise. The community app gives you 1 year approved unlock period on submission.
Hey Mark,

can you please share how is the UK version holding so far ? Is it the "Global" ROM or the Chinese ROM ?

Does it have Android auto and Google Wallet/Pay or those apps are not functional ?

Asking since the UK site lists 14 Ultra as "5000mAh", so the international version, but can't find any info if the Google Pay/Wallet and Android auto are working on the UK version.

Thanks in advance.

There is no UK version. It is Global version with Global EEA ROM. Both GPay and AA work.

Last edited:
And battery is 5300. I thought it would be odd having 2 different batteries. Don't know about Android Auto as I don't use it but wallet works up till now on this EEA ROM 1.0.4.0 UNAEUXM.

Mark F

Do you intend to install the xiaomi.eu ROM or have you already installed it?
If so, do you have a problem with the network (SIM)?

Mark F

Do you intend to install the xiaomi.eu ROM or have you already installed it?
If so, do you have a problem with the network (SIM)?
Phone is form HK. Using it in the US. I need to try a different sim, but so far I an unable to connect to any 5G. n41 is the band that I have available.
I'm using AAWireless and it works. However, it drops out often. I think that when mobile signal changes or briefly drops, it causes wifi to reset causing a disconnection. Haven't tried with cable yet but assume that would work.

Finally i get xiaomi 14 ultra the global version
But i have an issue while using it.
I noticed that when i shake it there is a sound coming from inside as if there is something loose or not fixed well !!!
Is that normal ?? Does anyone experience something like that ??

It is normal. Camera lenses do that. AF and OIS.
With the XM 14 Ultra it is a bit more pronounced.