purchase advice on Xiaomi 14 Ultra

I don't even have to worry about unlocking the bootloader. The guy at the official xiaomi store told me that if I buy it he can unlock it and install the rom for me. I wouldn't mind to pay him some money for that considering the money I'm saving on the device itself.
wow, that's great. I wish I had access to a xiaomi store

Reactions: Diavits
but is there any hope that the shipments will leave earlier?
I bought from Italy on mi.com but it seems that shipments start between March 18th and 24th!

Thanks for your advise. I also think it's better to buy it in China. Plus in China they have the 1TB version Available while in Spain only the 512GB is out for now. But I concern if later there is no xiaomi.eu rom. As far as I understand global ROM doesn't support GPay and android auto, this two features are important to me.

I even thought to buy xiaomi 14 instead since the EU rom is already available. But probably I'll wait until the end of March to see what happens, I'm not going back to Spain until mid April.

Why do you think that xiaomi.eu will probably be available by the end of March?
The Trading Shenzen company replied to the same question from somebody within their FAQ section ecactly what I said "probably available by end of March".
No garantee though :)

I'm patiently waiting for the global version to release on March 19th.

this phone sounds like a dream come true for me. I've been holding out since the Mi 11 Ultra which I still have
I am in the exact same situation... xiaomi 11 ultra still rocking, but the 14 ultra definitely is a big step upwards in comparison.

I'm in Australia and have had my Xiaomi 11 Ultra since 2021, been patiently waiting for the right phone and the Xiaomi 14 Ultra looks like the one.
No idea what the best option is for us. I just know I can get it from China or Amazon UK. Chinese version looks like the best value for money, but no idea if xiaomi.eu ROM will be available for it, so don't know what to do :(
if you don't mind the bloat apps on the chinese version and to install the Google stuff, I would buy it :)

Do we know an ETA on when will the EU ROM support 14 ultra (or how long it normally takes based on previous trend) ? Hope asking this is okay

Do we know an ETA on when will the EU ROM support 14 ultra (or how long it normally takes based on previous trend) ? Hope asking this is okay
I know nothing about how this works but you can try to guess.
Xiaomi 14 released 1Nov. If you look at the Hyper OS threads, the first one with it was 18Nov. 18 days.
Xiaomi 13 Ultra released 12 April. If you look at the MIUI theads, the first one was 13 May. a month.
So I would guess 3-4 weeks?
14 Ultra was released on 25 Feb. So maybe between the 14-25th?
It says it is based on Chinese Beta ROMs. Are there any betas for the 14 Ultra out yet? Maybe it has more to do with that.

Reactions: Diavits and xlxlxl
I know nothing about how this works but you can try to guess.
Xiaomi 14 released 1Nov. If you look at the Hyper OS threads, the first one with it was 18Nov. 18 days.
Xiaomi 13 Ultra released 12 April. If you look at the MIUI theads, the first one was 13 May. a month.
So I would guess 3-4 weeks?
14 Ultra was released on 25 Feb. So maybe between the 14-25th?
It says it is based on Chinese Beta ROMs. Are there any betas for the 14 Ultra out yet? Maybe it has more to do with that.
Thanks a lot for the history tracing!

anyone know the benefits of getting the CN version, unlocking bootloader and flashing xiaomi.eu ROM over getting the global version? if any?

Well i bought the xiaomi 14 ultra from the Spanish xiaomi online shop and no the phone is still not available to buy only pre-sale they will be shipping from the 15th of march. i was going to buy the phone from china but they have a 25% discount on the phone for students so price wise i got the 512 16gb cheaper than the trading shenzen equal version plus i got the camera kit for free so it was a win win for my case.
Still i want to know why is the chinese version has a 5300mah battery and global only 5000mah could it be that way the phone is under 230grs? i still dont understand the real reason. 6% more battery is the difference to have enough in case of emergency, and off course if xiaomi.eu releases a rom i will install it as i know i will hate the google dialer.

anyone know the benefits of getting the CN version, unlocking bootloader and flashing xiaomi.eu ROM over getting the global version? if any?
For mi the chance to get 1tb version which for now is not available in Europe for only 1000€. 2/3 of the price of 512gb version in Europe.

For mi the chance to get 1tb version which for now is not available in Europe for only 1000€. 2/3 of the price of 512gb version in Europe.
If the CN version bands are ok for you and you are ok with the unlock process, then I see no reason to not buy the CN version. You save money, get a bigger battery and get more options. I would gladly do this option except the bands

loads first youll get a version that as all the advantages of the china rom but on a global way, youll get android auto support aside of accesss to the banking apps , google pay will work as long you keep an eye to the google pay fix on the OS software updates, also youll get google feed its a must for me as also if youre not a english speaker you get multi language support aside of being cleaner and no chinese junk installed. and much more

loads first youll get a version that as all the advantages of the china rom but on a global way, youll get android auto support aside of accesss to the banking apps , google pay will work as long you keep an eye to the google pay fix on the OS software updates, also youll get google feed its a must for me as also if youre not a english speaker you get multi language support aside of being cleaner and no chinese junk installed. and much more
You'll get those benefits whether you flash the rom on the CN or Global version of the phone.

I think the point is that the CN version is a lot cheaper and has a bigger battery
Yes
CN: Bigger (and better) battery, more options, cheaper
Global: Easier and free to unlock, more bands
IMO, the only reason to buy Global is if one needs the extra bands

I am in Saudi arabia, i can't find any version of xiaomi 14 ultra except the Chinese version and the UK version (on amazon uk)
Can i know the difference between the global and uk versions please??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240314_141226_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping_edit_220015242771330.jpg
    Screenshot_20240314_141226_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping_edit_220015242771330.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 36
There is no UK version.
It is only Chinese or Global version.
They are probably mislabeling the Global version as UK.

Reactions: Lili masry
No idea, I don't visit amazon.uk. You did not provide a link to the product you mentioned.
If you mean this, then it is the Global version.
Snímek obrazovky 2024-03-14 120636.png

The Global version has a 5000 mAh battery
The Chinese version has a 5300 mAh battery

Last edited:
Reactions: Lili masry
No idea, I don't visit amazon.uk. You did not provide a link to the product you mentioned.
If you mean this, then it is the Global version.
View attachment 51813

The Global version has a 5000 mAh battery
The Chinese version has a 5300 mAh battery
Yes exactly that is the 1..
Thank you so much for your help..
One more question pls, the global version has (second space) option, right??

Xiaomi just released the Global ROM today, and I have it installed on my Chinese Xiaomi 14 Ultra.

Everything works like a charm, even though there is hardware difference like battery capacity etc.