purchase advice on Xiaomi 14 Ultra

RedUtopia

Members
Aug 26, 2022
Hi friend
I am Italian
I always bought the xiaomi Ultra series from China.
I was about to order the 1TB version from China and the photography kit
with the hope that then we will be able to unlock the bootloader and put a room eu as I have always done

but I saw that here in Italy there will only be the 512gb version and whoever orders it now will also have the 2 pro smartwatch + the kit + the wireless charging base.

What do you say, it is better to focus on the 1TB one
or join the promo^

the cost is the same

Hi friend
I am Italian
I always bought the xiaomi Ultra series from China.
I was about to order the 1TB version from China and the photography kit
with the hope that then we will be able to unlock the bootloader and put a room eu as I have always done

but I saw that here in Italy there will only be the 512gb version and whoever orders it now will also have the 2 pro smartwatch + the kit + the wireless charging base.

What do you say, it is better to focus on the 1TB one
or join the promo^

the cost is the same
i suggest you buy in Italy in order to have the EU 3-year warranty!

Reactions: RedUtopia
I'm in the same sort of situation. The thing is that there is not an eu room yet for X14 ultra. And we're not 100% sure it will be developed.

I'm in China and I don't know if I should buy the ultra 1tb (Xiaomi store help me to unl1ock the bootloader). Or buy it once I'm back in Spain.

Just noticed china version Mi 14 Ultra has battery 5300mAh and the EU only 5000 mAh ? Any reason for that ?

I ordered the only version in my country in the promo bundle with watch 2 pro + photography kit + wireless charging.

I'm patiently waiting for the global version to release on March 19th.

this phone sounds like a dream come true for me. I've been holding out since the Mi 11 Ultra which I still have
Same here. I'm on the Huawei P30 Pro. Battery isn't as good anymore and looking for a replacement.
This seems like the right phone for me perhaps but I'm a little nervous on the band support for the US. It should be adequate but carriers are changing so much these days it's hard to predict.

As for the global version, how long til the prices drop? I know with US phones, there are often large price drops shortly after release.

I'm in Australia and have had my Xiaomi 11 Ultra since 2021, been patiently waiting for the right phone and the Xiaomi 14 Ultra looks like the one.
No idea what the best option is for us. I just know I can get it from China or Amazon UK. Chinese version looks like the best value for money, but no idea if xiaomi.eu ROM will be available for it, so don't know what to do :(

Reactions: Diavits
I'm in Australia and have had my Xiaomi 11 Ultra since 2021, been patiently waiting for the right phone and the Xiaomi 14 Ultra looks like the one.
No idea what the best option is for us. I just know I can get it from China or Amazon UK. Chinese version looks like the best value for money, but no idea if xiaomi.eu ROM will be available for it, so don't know what to do :(
Check that your bands are covered in the china version. Also, it seems to be more difficult to unlock the china version (to install the EU rom). There's another thread that goes into the details of that.

As for the ROM, I don't recall the 14 Ultra listed yet. I assume it will be supported eventually. It did just come out.

i think so, its Snapdragon and the previous Ultra devices got a ROM too.
Better do it on Amazon UK so you wont have too much hassle to unlock the bootloader (its harder on stock Chinese ROM)

I'm patiently waiting for the global version to release on March 19th.

this phone sounds like a dream come true for me. I've been holding out since the Mi 11 Ultra which I still have
what? how? where does it say the global version release is on March 19th?
I've been trying to order a global version since the feb 25 launch but there's nothing online and it's definitely not available in my country yet

I normally buy Chinese and unlock the bootloader and install the EU ROM. But now they are saying that there are much tighter unlocking bootloaders on the Stock Chinese, I have opted for a UK purchase with the pad and camera pack. Yes more cost but at least I know that global versions can be unlocked via the community app. I will install the EU ROM if there is one as I like some of the Xiaomi apps against Google versions,like the dialler app and call recorder for one.
So advise, if you want Chinese version, see if it can be unlocked first...

I will be in Europe next month and after. How hard is it to just buy it in another country and take it home with me?
Or does it have to be ordered online and shipped?

I will be in Europe next month and after. How hard is it to just buy it in another country and take it home with me?
Or does it have to be ordered online and shipped?
In Spain you can buy it in a Mediamark store or Xiaomi official store they're normally located in shopping malls.

No need to deliver.

Xiaomi 14 Ultra bootloader can be unlocked, Ive had that confirmed. If I get the CN version it's $800 AUD cheaper than global version including unlock of bootloader. That seems to be the best option for Aussies. Also all bands are supported for Australia on CN version.

I am going to wait to find out if xiaomi.eu ROM will be available for the Xiaomi 14 Ultra before I purchase.

Last edited:
I'm in the same sort of situation. The thing is that there is not an eu room yet for X14 ultra. And we're not 100% sure it will be developed.

I'm in China and I don't know if I should buy the ultra 1tb (Xiaomi store help me to unl1ock the bootloader). Or buy it once I'm back in Spain.
If you're in China you better buy it there, so much cheaper. Later you can put either a global ROM or, if available by then (which should probably happen by end of March, hopefully) the xiaomi.eu ROM.

what? how? where does it say the global version release is on March 19th?
I've been trying to order a global version since the feb 25 launch but there's nothing online and it's definitely not available in my country yet
i am in Portugal and we can pre-order the device since feb 25...

i am in Portugal and we can pre-order the device since feb 25...
Thanks for your advise. I also think it's better to buy it in China. Plus in China they have the 1TB version Available while in Spain only the 512GB is out for now. But I concern if later there is no xiaomi.eu rom. As far as I understand global ROM doesn't support GPay and android auto, this two features are important to me.

I even thought to buy xiaomi 14 instead since the EU rom is already available. But probably I'll wait until the end of March to see what happens, I'm not going back to Spain until mid April.

Why do you think that xiaomi.eu will probably be available by the end of March?

Have you considered that Chinese version doesn't support B20 band and even changing to XIAOMI.EU rom, it will still be missing B20 band?

Have you considered that Chinese version doesn't support B20 band and even changing to XIAOMI.EU rom, it will still be missing B20 band?
I think B20 band is mostly used for more rural areas, I live in Barcelona city so I don't think is going to be a big problem, if I eventually go to some small village or rural hotel I can always make sure they have Wi-Fi beforehand.

I had Chinese xiaomi phones in the past and it has never been a big problem.

Thanks for your advise. I also think it's better to buy it in China. Plus in China they have the 1TB version Available while in Spain only the 512GB is out for now. But I concern if later there is no xiaomi.eu rom. As far as I understand global ROM doesn't support GPay and android auto, this two features are important to me.

I even thought to buy xiaomi 14 instead since the EU rom is already available. But probably I'll wait until the end of March to see what happens, I'm not going back to Spain until mid April.

Why do you think that xiaomi.eu will probably be available by the end of March?
I'm in a similar situation waiting.
I don't think that anyone can predict when the xiaomi.eu rom be available. I'm pretty sure it will be at some point.
I agree that if you are ok with the bands on the china version and the sketchy costly unlocking process, I see no reason why you wouldn't buy the china version. Better battery, more options in memory, color, etc.

I'm in a similar situation waiting.
I don't think that anyone can predict when the xiaomi.eu rom be available. I'm pretty sure it will be at some point.
I agree that if you are ok with the bands on the china version and the sketchy costly unlocking process, I see no reason why you wouldn't buy the china version. Better battery, more options in memory, color, etc.
I don't even have to worry about unlocking the bootloader. The guy at the official xiaomi store told me that if I buy it he can unlock it and install the rom for me. I wouldn't mind to pay him some money for that considering the money I'm saving on the device itself.