[q] Mi5s Gps Connector?

ovu

Members
Feb 17, 2012
gps2.JPG Does anybody knows where the GPS connector is located? i have problems after i've opened the case.
open

gps2.JPG

Last edited:
No one knows where is that connector located?
I can't use my phone properly.

Thanks

In XIAOMI Mi5s, the GPS connector might be located here. After replacing the screen&touchpad&frame, the sensitivity of the GPS receiver dropped very much. One antenna is missing.

Attachments

• Mi5s M&Sen vs Orig.JPG
    Mi5s M&Sen vs Orig.JPG
    559.3 KB · Views: 1,336
Well i have the same problem! My screen was replaced too!
Can we do something to improve that? i mean by placing another metal piece there?

Thanks for your answer!

I also looked everywhere on the Internet, but information about the location Of mi5s antennas found nothing!
I haven't been able to fix it yet. I plan to put an original frame with an antenna. Later. GPS works, but only in open areas.

Anyone knows by now which pins are for what? I have my Mi5S Plus which worked well and had good GPS / WiFi reception until I had to open it and disconnect / reconnect the battery (battery 0% issue and it would not charge) ... I have not replaced or broken anything inside the phone. But since I had to open it, the reception is bad and GPS fix take almost 10min and then it's lost very fast. Also wifi is almost lost being one wall away from router.

I tried pulling up all the pins with the tall curved tip, but it did not improve.

There is a YT video "Fix for GPS issue after replacing LCD screen on Xiaomi Mi Max 2" which covers the same topic - but a different phone. Any help appreciated.

I have replaced display+battery on one of my mi5s phones and battery on other one, had no issues with gps (but I had issues with proximity sensor, all phone connectors are very fragile and hard to plug). If you think that your problem is antenna contact loss issue - maybe you should clean all back cover contacts with alcohol, also I use compressed air to clean all dust that can get in during repairs.

J510 Connector pin is GPS connector in Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus. It must be connect to back metal housing for well working GPS and check the soldering.

Attachments

• Mi5s Plus Layout.pdf
    161 KB · Views: 419
Thank you @ozcanveli ! This is a great schematic. Too bad there is no breakdown of every connector in the PDF. So I've fixed my GPS connector J510 and the WiFi antenna connector J202. They both had their tips (springs) broken off - probably during my early clumsy takeaparts when the phone jumped out of my hands at the point when I opened it... Anyway I stuck a piece of aluminium foil in there, made a little ball and made it hold to what was left of the connector. Closed the phone together and it makes good contact with the casings antennas. Perfect signal now.