[Q] Redmi K30 Pro to Poco F2 Pro conversion patch

Promotheux

Members
Jun 23, 2020
After installing the rom to my Poco F2 Pro it started to be a K30 Pro.
Earlier on my Mi 9T Pro someone created a conversion patch to restore it back to a Mi 9T Pro.
Like this patch

I already got the stock bootanimation out but I still need the splashscreen and the device to see it's a Poco F2 Pro.

So I'm really excited if someone can help me out!

Reactions: ONick and mob82
After installing the rom to my Poco F2 Pro it started to be a K30 Pro.
Earlier on my Mi 9T Pro someone created a conversion patch to restore it back to a Mi 9T Pro.
Like this patch

I already got the stock bootanimation out but I still need the splashscreen and the device to see it's a Poco F2 Pro.

So I'm really excited if someone can help me out!
Should ask @Igor Eisberg to use Global device name in next releases, like it was done for Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro. :)

Reactions: Promotheux
Changing the device to POCO F2 Pro is not a problem, we are just not sure what to do with the launcher. As you know, the Global ROM has the POCO Launcher instead of MIUI's System launcher. The feature disparity is significant, for example: POCO Launcher doesn't support the new navigation gestures.

Changing the device to POCO F2 Pro is not a problem, we are just not sure what to do with the launcher. As you know, the Global ROM has the POCO Launcher instead of MIUI's System launcher. The feature disparity is significant, for example: POCO Launcher doesn't support the new navigation gestures.

My choise would be the MIUI System launcher. We can install Poco launcher from playstore if we want it.

Thanks for responding, keep the Miui system launcher, if users want the Poco launcher they can simply download from the playstore. Thanks

Reactions: Promotheux
Hi is the patch ready ?
thx

Sure. Boot logo and animation were not changed though, as this ROM is shared with Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition which is not a POCO device.
Does that mean that we will have a different zip to flash for the Poco f2, or the current zip will detect weather it's a k30 pro/f2 Pro and will make the needed changes in the system?

Does that mean that we will have a different zip to flash for the Poco f2, or the current zip will detect weather it's a k30 pro/f2 Pro and will make the needed changes in the system?
Even if you have Redmi K30 Pro, it'll show POCO F2 Pro. I'm not aware of any way to detect which logo you have on your phone...

Even if you have Redmi K30 Pro, it'll show POCO F2 Pro. I'm not aware of any way to detect which logo you have on your phone...
Wow, so good! By when we will be able to have this new conversion patch on Miui 12 Stable? Will be available on the weekly from this week or later?
Thanks

It was... I'm on stable 12.0.8 and it shows up as f2 pro. Later builds didn't include the patch, I don't know why. They prolly forgot about this?
Good, but in my case I'm in xiaomi.eu 20.10.30 beta and device is k30 Pro.

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk