QPST - Backup/Restore modem-config

Think the only ones who are going to use this are thieves who need to unblock banned imei but hey why not.

Like you said though.. I don't see myself using it anytime soon.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dextructor
I really don't know but I think that depends on your country.
And you shouldn't change the IMEI of a stolen phone ;)

For ex in my country you can not buy phone from outside only can bring with you and you must register after pay extra 100$. if you buy same phone inside of country you must pay tax so much for ex if phone cost 500$ outside it cost 1000$ here. If i buy from outside i will pay 500$+100$for register.
What am i doing: i order phone to my uncle who lives in germany and he brings the phone with him. So i change imei of new phone with old or bricked one. Totaly i pay only 500$

GT-I9000 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

How to get into Diag mode:
1) open dialer
2) enter: *#*#717717#*#*
3) you'll see a toast "diag mode enabled"
To disable diag-mode enter the same code again.

How to install drivers in Windows:
1) download and extract xiaomi_mi2_diag_driver.zip
2) after you've connected your phone in diag mode you'll see very much devices
3) choose custom source to search for driver and select the extracted folder.
4) only 3 of the devices will install it doesn't matter we don't need the others.

How to configure QPST:
1) open QPST configuration from start menu
2) on tab "ports" click on "Add new Port"
3) you should see two qualcom ports in the list. choose one and click OK.
4) if displayed phone name is SURF9615, you've selected the correct one. otherwise add the second device, too

How to change IMEI:
follow this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1801997

Is it possible for mi2s too?

I think yes because the hardware is very similiar but I don't have a mi2s so I can't test.

I did not try to edit it because I've expected it to work.
Maybe the code you have to enter isn't 00000.

can anyone change imei of mi2s succesfully?

sry guys it seams the IMEI isn't changable due to write protection. Maybe it would work when you take a full backup of NV, hex edit the IMEI and then flash it back.

But I'm not gonna try it because I don't want to risk bricking my modem - sry.

sry guys it seams the IMEI isn't changable due to write protection. Maybe it would work when you take a full backup of NV, hex edit the IMEI and then flash it back.

But I'm not gonna try it because I don't want to risk bricking my modem - sry.

I've allready tried that. it didn't change

I really don't know but I think that depends on your country.
And you shouldn't change the IMEI of a stolen phone ;)

Hello M1cha.
In Brazil are creating a rule preventing imported phones work properly on local networks.
Here are some details about the system to be deployed: http://www.tudocelular.com/acer/noticias/n33750/anatel-bloqueara-aparelhos-piratas.html.
So the Brazilians need a way to change the original IMEI, or their phones become bricks with MP3 player.

Hello, I bought an Oneplus (Chinese version) but I can't use it in my country(Iran) because IMEI blocked by(government restriction) :( after many talk with network operator's employes they said I have to change IMEI :(

My device is Rooted CM11S with AK kernel and busybox.18 installed.
I installed adb and fastboot drivers by "Samsung USB Driver v1.5.45.0 [No Kies]".
Can I change the IMEI by QPST with PC and without flash-box tools?How?
I've backup every partitions by DD, May I can change IMEI with hex editor and restore it?How?

My phone is not useable :( please help me...

Thank you

Sad to tell you but an IMEI Change is impossible without the Service Programming Code of your phone.

The only time its possible to IMEI Change without the SPC is when your NVRam got corrupted, then you can inject any NVRam dump you want without needing an SPC.

While I know of a way to corrupt the NVRam intentionally... aka. disabling the SPC check, I really don't suggest doing this as it damages the MEID (and thus, breaks mobile data over 3g & LTE).

Long story short, on the Oneplus One you are screwed... you can't change the IMEI there without essentially breaking mobile data, which means you will be stuck on 2g networks & wifi for the rest of your life if you do that.

Sell that thing to someone that can use it, then get a phone that your provider supports and / or knock some sense into your ******* provider to allow the damn IMEI on their network (or even better, stop giving those douchebags money and switch providers to some better provider).

Reactions: mrhamed
ok, I accepted risks...
when I try to change imei using "Qualcomm Product Support Tool (QPST)" get error:NV_READONLY_S
can you help me please ?!