Question: Mi4c Beta Or Stable

Daniel Duro

Members
Apr 8, 2016
Hi guys/girls...

I have a Mi4c for about 2 years now and from the start i've been using the Beta roms from xiaomi.eu, i'm atm with the latest one waiting for MIUI 10 like everyone else...

But, i'm becoming a bit tired of updating every week and having to deal with random bugs or fluctuating battery performance...

My question is, right now, is it worth to have the hassle to clean everything and jump to stable or stable isn't that much diferent than Beta? I know stable is behind on the miui version but, do i gain anything going to stable?

With this ROM battery doesn't even give me 2 days, 1.5 if i'm lucky, with normal use and constant wifi or data turned on for whatsapp/messenger... Feels like the phone doesn't have the snap 808, a note 4x with normal global rom feels much smoother...

What do you guys think?

About the only thing you gain with stable is not having to update weekly....and less bugs that way... however you can update to stable and then update either monthly or when a newer stable version is available...you can skip a version or two and then update to the newest stable....

Update to stable from beta without factory reseting?

I'm thinking of trying that cr droid rom to see how does it perform but having to install all apps and configure all from scratch is putting me off. Lol

Update to stable from beta without factory reseting?

I'm thinking of trying that cr droid rom to see how does it perform but having to install all apps and configure all from scratch is putting me off. Lol
Trust me... You Will love it...., And updates on that page whenever you feel like it, gave my mi4c a while new life. Mi4c is fast, so you would only spend some hours to put back all stuff.. then you Will thank me

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi-4c met Tapatalk

Reactions: iamme729
Trust me... You Will love it...., And updates on that page whenever you feel like it, gave my mi4c a while new life. Mi4c is fast, so you would only spend some hours to put back all stuff.. then you Will thank me

Ofcourse dont forget getting latest twrp for mi4c v. 3.2.0.0, and nano gapps 64

Ofcourse dont forget getting latest twrp for mi4c v. 3.2.0.0, and nano gapps 64

I'm curious with miui 10 if it becomes lighter and smoother than this 9.6 beta that i have atm... That's what's keeping me to try another rom... I like MIUI but this phone feels a bit slugish with the snapdragon 808 which i don't think is normal...

TWRP 3.2.0.0? Oficial release? their site only has 3.1.1.1...

Twrp 3.2.1-0 even out, it's special for Android 8 made for libra devices, so not officially official atm. Find it in same page I wrote earlier, but go up in tree there and find the map bonus, there is the just released new twrp version also from same maker vovan77 as the cr droid version for our libra device, my phone is all but sluggish atm.

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Going to try out that cr droid rom a bit, tell me something, wich partitions should i backup on twrp so i can go back to the normal ROM with everything i have on it?

system
system image
data
cache
boot
recovery
EFS

Those are the options twrp gives me... it's only needed system, data and boot to get back to my normal ROM?

@Barry Laros, question, those cr droid ROMs that are going arround how are they already on OREO?

It's older kernel with moded android to get 8.1 or it's the real deal and the kernel is the latest one?

Does snapdragon 808 already has 8.1 kernel out? i'm confused... :S

Lol hope you tried to get it running today... because its worth it. the security patch from android is also on 1 june 2018, its a bit of mixed with older firmware from xiaomi itself mixed into the android 8.1, but results are stunning, fast rom, good battery life, awesome layout overall, and for me important gaming is doing great too! That Vovan77 dude knows how to program its s**t. And weekly you can if you want update it via the same download site as mentioned all in top of this thread.