[question] Overclock ?

Riichard63

Members
Nov 17, 2013
Hello,
since xiaomi released the kernel sources I'm wondering if there is a way to overclock our mi2 and mi2s.
Because for now I haven't seen any kernel as complete as dorimanX which is the one I was using on my galaxy s2.
Such kernel are great because you get an app to set everything on your phone. Like frequency, sleep frequency, sound boost, a lot of stuff that are really interesting when you take time to set everything.
I really hope to see such kernel for our devices. No matter if it's just beta versions.

Regards.

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: MSephiroth
What do you mean? Sorry I'm not really familiar with programming. It was just a question if it's possible or not with theses sources.

I mean that this guy wrote a 3.13 kernel which is very unusual for android. I didn't know android can run on it.
Maybe I'll do that, too in future.

Oh okay, I'll search more information about kernels.

That should be great if you manage to do it =)

Dorimanx is such a great magician / developer :p i used his kernel on my glorious htc hd2 and was able to overclock till 1.6 Ghz... :cool:

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

Yeah that's true he is really awesome. For the s2 he took the siyah kernel and improve it.
I was able to overclock it to 1,6GHz too without any crash, I was able to overclock my GPU too. And a lot of useful features and tweaks.

i think that we need undervolt, not overclock :| Battery life is most important :|

It depends on people. But with a kernel such as dorimanX one you are able to set everything included CPU voltages.