Questions Before I Buy A Mipad 3

Quante

Members
Aug 4, 2017
Hi all,
I'm seriously considering a MiPad 3 as my new tablet but I'm hesitant with respect to updates.
- Will the MiPad update itself like other android devices (when an update is available of course)?
* I ask this because I only read of updating by means of a lot of actions and reflashing the complete ROM.
Instruction video I found was not in English so no idea how to do this.

- If I don't really care for the Mi operating system, is it possible to install a stock android?

Thanks

I am not sure there is a stock rom available for the MiPad. If you keep the original Chinese rom (which you can switch to English, it has both languages) you will have OTA updates. If you install Xiaomi.eu you will only have to download the update to the Mipad and update it manually from the app in the device (it is quite simple).

Reactions: neron
Hi all,
I'm seriously considering a MiPad 3 as my new tablet but I'm hesitant with respect to updates.
- Will the MiPad update itself like other android devices (when an update is available of course)?
* I ask this because I only read of updating by means of a lot of actions and reflashing the complete ROM.
Instruction video I found was not in English so no idea how to do this.

- If I don't really care for the Mi operating system, is it possible to install a stock android?

Thanks
Xiaomi.eu ROM is very good clean version of MIUI and it grows on you and provide a few nice tweaks that I feel makes a Android tablet better. I really like my Mi Pad 3 and would say its the best Android tablet I have ever used and I have owned many.

Reactions: Mel-e