Quick Charge doesn't work anymore and regular charge veryyyy slowed down since the 12.5 update

Maxcension

Members
May 23, 2021
Hello!

Soooo,
I think i did something wrong when i updated my phone (Poco F2 Pro) to MIUI 12.5 because since then, my quickcharge ac adapter (the official one, from the box) doesn't work anymore. When i'm connecting it to my phone through the official cable (that is brand new), my phone keeps connecting/disconnecting every second (and the problem doesn't appear with a Redmi Note 8).
I didn't notice it until some days after the update because of the fact that I charge my phone at night, so I use my AC adapter from my old Mi A1 (official one too) which isn't a fast charge one to avoid wearing out the battery unnecessarily. But the problem is that this one too is buggued (the charge is very looooooong, like 10 hours to full charge (10%-100%) no cap).

I know this is a software problem because on twrp (or the phone off aswell) the fast charge is working well (and at first, i used a trick that i saw on youtube which consists of enabling the usb debugging and that worked, but only one time) but i don't really want to wipe my phone so if anyone have a clue?

Thanks for reading and have a good day yall. :)

Last edited:
It may have nothing to do with the software, but with the hardware.
Several people had this issue with the phone, including myself, and some temporary fixed it by pressing or bending a bit the phone at the bottom.

What I found out is that there is a flat cable that goes from the bottom of the phone to the top passing over the battery.
For some reason, with time, stops doing proper contact at the bottom.
I fixed it on mine by putting a thin film on top of the contact so that, when putting the back cover back again, it would make some pressure and keep the contact firmly.
Obviously, this means I had to open the phone and disassemble a few parts at the bottom.

If you have it under warranty, you may avoid yourself some troubles reporting it to the seller.

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

It may have nothing to do with the software, but with the hardware.
Several people had this issue with the phone, including myself, and some temporary fixed it by pressing or bending a bit the phone at the bottom.

What I found out is that there is a flat cable that goes from the bottom of the phone to the top passing over the battery.
For some reason, with time, stops doing proper contact at the bottom.
I fixed it on mine by putting a thin film on top of the contact so that, when putting the back cover back again, it would make some pressure and keep the contact firmly.
Obviously, this means I had to open the phone and disassemble a few parts at the bottom.

If you have it under warranty, you may avoid yourself some troubles reporting it to the seller.

I'm aware of this problem but I'm sure that my problem isn't that because when my phone is off or in TWRP, the charge works very well so yeah.

But thanks for your solution tho!

You are some kind of right.
Me too with same problem. Toooo slow and hot. Try several cables and chargers (even the original that i dont use, because the overheat of the flat cable on turbo mode). Downgrade to 28/5/21 and things went better. I am pretty sure that it is a software bug

I have some updates about this! :)

A bit after this topic, i tried to wipe my phone, the problem was still there so i gave up and i got used to very slowed charging (and when i had to charge my phone quickly, i turned it off and connect it to the official mi turbo charge with the original cable and it works).
One month ago, my phone had the flat cable problem where the phone doesn't charge except when you bend it like several people. So, because of the fact that the french warrenty sucks (i bought my phone on the official store but xiaomi outsources product repairs to mid/bad third-party companies), i decided to repair it myself with videos like this. It worked very well but my slow charging and the quick charge problems are still there.
Some weeks later, i randomly came across this XDA topic of someone reporting the similar problem as me but when he's using usb-c/usb-c charger instead of usb-a/usb-c, he has no problem at all!
So i decided to give it a try with an iPad Pro charger and... it works perfectly! Quick Charge is working without having to turn off my phone and my phone is charging wayyyy quicker! So i'm gonna buy a usb-c/usb-c charger with some cables and used it instead of my usb-a/usb-c ones. :)

I had the problem during some time, getting worse and worse until I ordered a new charging board and ...

Luckily, before changing to board, I though about buying a new flex cable. I changed it and since then, no more problems.
I think the original flex cable may be some mics short and tenses. Time just goes against this tension and ends damaged in the wires.

I know it is an expensive solution (4€), but is works and I did not have any more issues since 7 months ago, when I changed it
a dot ali ex press dot com slash _mKomKRQ

Sorry for the URL, but the channel seems to shadow them

Same issue here over the last 3-4 years with Mi10 Lite, 11T Pro and last night I noticed the charging stoped and started several times on my 1 month Mi 13.

Mi 10 Lite stopped fast charging at some point and over the course of several weeks stopped charging at all, especially if it ran out of battery and shut down on its own. That one had an LED that would light up when the charger was connected, so I remember it flickering like a Christmas light and the screen tuning off and on.

Mi 11T Pro started disconnecting and making the plugged/unplugged sound and after some time started overheating in the upper part, next to the cameras module. Few weeks later battery started draining overnight and only last for some hours. Tried everything software related, even completely wiped the phone, nothing worked. As soon as I started it (with no rom installed) it would het hot as sh and I could see the battery drop.

Mi 13 I new, 2 month old. Used it with stock rom for a month, didn't notice any problem and now, after a couple of weeks after installing Xiaomi.eu rom started disconnecting while charging.

Very curious if it could be a software issue affecting the charging process and eventually leading to battery and charging port problems, or Xiaomi really meassed something up with their hardware.