Quick question :l

tran37

Members
Apr 15, 2011
I've flashed this rom for a couple days and love it! I've been browsing around the forums and keep reading about weekly updates? Can anyone clarify that for me and how would I go about getting the updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Keep looking through your device forum; any updates and language pack updates will be posted in there, always.

Are the download links provided as well? I wasn't sure how the updates work if its just a link or how does it work.

sometimes they start immediately, sometimes you go to a dl link like multiupload

Are the download links provided as well? I wasn't sure how the updates work if its just a link or how does it work.

It depends on your device. If your device is officially supported, you would download the Chinese ROM and a language pack. When you flash the ROM, just flash the language pack directly after it.

If your device isn't officially supported, you would watch the forum for your device for when the porter of the ROM posts it. Generally, it would just be a ROM, no language pack necessary, because most porters incorporate the language packs into the ROM.

Also, there will probably be updated language packs throughout the week, just as there was today. There may even be one tomorrow if MarkHUK decides to change something. So watch your device's forum for updates to that, too.

If you find the time in your schedule, it may benefit you to check the forums every day, not only because of updates, but also in case someone posts about a bug that you could encounter; there may be a fix or workaround for it.

I've flashed this rom for a couple days and love it! I've been browsing around the forums and keep reading about weekly updates? Can anyone clarify that for me and how would I go about getting the updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

check out MIUI downloader on the market