Rear screen display on mi 11 ultra

xsander

Members
Apr 20, 2019
This is the thing, i don't have the red dot appearing on the back screen all tough is enabled on the settings ( notifications ).

devilcorp

Members
May 6, 2021
#janptn Salut , Get App ne fonctionne pas sur mi 11 ultra 12.5.4 europe. installer ok mais impossible de télécharger l'application, toujours le nombre de messages ne pas télécharger.

xsander

Members
Apr 20, 2019
Other than app notifications not working, calls are coming trough just fine, i can accept/reject them.
Anyways thanks for the pics @Karpfenhai, i assume you are using the xiaomi.eu firmware, right ?

Cheers !

xsander

Members
Apr 20, 2019
The notification setting is lower down the rear display settings page and can be missed if you don't pull down the page. See screenshot attached
You're funny :)
You don't think i already did that ? :D
Heck, i even enabled the notification options to all the modes ( clock, slogan, picture) cycle with all enabled then with only one , only two etc. :)
Everything except the app notifications works ( answering/rejecting calls, back camera selfie )
For now it doesn't bother me that much because i don't really keep the phone upside down anyways ( old habits die hard )

Also i saw this behavior: if i have the rear screen active while in the rear screen menu and i enable the notifications, the red dot appears on the rear display. As soon as i double tap to close the rea rear display and double tap again to wake it, the red notification is gone

xsander

Members
Apr 20, 2019
One other question, is the MIUI optimizations option available in the developer menu on the xiaomi.eu firmware ?
Thanks !

Mark F

Members
Aug 15, 2020
You're funny :)
You don't think i already did that ? :D
Heck, i even enabled the notification options to all the modes ( clock, slogan, picture) cycle with all enabled then with only one , only two etc. :)
Everything except the app notifications works ( answering/rejecting calls, back camera selfie )
For now it doesn't bother me that much because i don't really keep the phone upside down anyways ( old habits die hard )

Also i saw this behavior: if i have the rear screen active while in the rear screen menu and i enable the notifications, the red dot appears on the rear display. As soon as i double tap to close the rea rear display and double tap again to wake it, the red notification is gone
I was not being funny. You would be surprised how many miss scrolling down a page. Just trying to help. Do you think I would get a screen shot and added an arrow then posted it if I wanted to be funny! Please appreciate all the advice and help you are being offered in these forums.

Reactions: Poney70

xsander

Members
Apr 20, 2019
I was not being funny. You would be surprised how many miss scrolling down a page. Just trying to help. Do you think I would get a screen shot and added an arrow then posted it if I wanted to be funny! Please appreciate all the advice and help you are being offered in these forums.
Hey look, i didn't mean any disrespect, really and sorry if this offended you in any way but this was not my intention ( FFXIV style :D )
I did smile a bit after seeing your post because it would have been extremely dumb of me not to check this setting alone since I went trough numerous other settings trying to get this feature to work :)

Take care !

Reactions: Mark F

NiteC0re

Members
May 1, 2021
a little inofrmation, the rear display is like an app. When you go in the App "GetApps" from Xiaomi, you can update the rear display
independently from the rom. But i make many updates from 1.1.6 to 1.3.2 and the notification function still does not work. the last update was 29. April, i hope an update is coming soon.

View attachment 36354

Is this updater app missing in EU 12.5.4? I cant find on my phone...