Rear screen display on mi 11 ultra

This is the thing, i don't have the red dot appearing on the back screen all tough is enabled on the settings ( notifications ).

#janptn Salut , Get App ne fonctionne pas sur mi 11 ultra 12.5.4 europe. installer ok mais impossible de télécharger l'application, toujours le nombre de messages ne pas télécharger.

This is the thing, i don't have the red dot appearing on the back screen all tough is enabled on the settings ( notifications ).
Here we go:

a1d70423e56f50576e6d9fb78af9e438.jpg

2ff49b2adeed2c0923ea124dc39bebe8.jpg

16f05c972e90fc07503802e03314c9af.jpg

db25d9030f57aa3fa28013faa5510fd4.jpg

15b5d03ecd62e22b0fecd93bc34fa26b.jpg

Regards ;)

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Reactions: 4fun20 and Poney70
Other than app notifications not working, calls are coming trough just fine, i can accept/reject them.
Anyways thanks for the pics @Karpfenhai, i assume you are using the xiaomi.eu firmware, right ?

Cheers !

The notification setting is lower down the rear display settings page and can be missed if you don't pull down the page. See screenshot attached

Attachments

• IMG_20210510_195616.jpg
    IMG_20210510_195616.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 364
The notification setting is lower down the rear display settings page and can be missed if you don't pull down the page. See screenshot attached
You're funny :)
You don't think i already did that ? :D
Heck, i even enabled the notification options to all the modes ( clock, slogan, picture) cycle with all enabled then with only one , only two etc. :)
Everything except the app notifications works ( answering/rejecting calls, back camera selfie )
For now it doesn't bother me that much because i don't really keep the phone upside down anyways ( old habits die hard )

Also i saw this behavior: if i have the rear screen active while in the rear screen menu and i enable the notifications, the red dot appears on the rear display. As soon as i double tap to close the rea rear display and double tap again to wake it, the red notification is gone

One other question, is the MIUI optimizations option available in the developer menu on the xiaomi.eu firmware ?
Thanks !

You're funny :)
You don't think i already did that ? :D
Heck, i even enabled the notification options to all the modes ( clock, slogan, picture) cycle with all enabled then with only one , only two etc. :)
Everything except the app notifications works ( answering/rejecting calls, back camera selfie )
For now it doesn't bother me that much because i don't really keep the phone upside down anyways ( old habits die hard )

Also i saw this behavior: if i have the rear screen active while in the rear screen menu and i enable the notifications, the red dot appears on the rear display. As soon as i double tap to close the rea rear display and double tap again to wake it, the red notification is gone
I was not being funny. You would be surprised how many miss scrolling down a page. Just trying to help. Do you think I would get a screen shot and added an arrow then posted it if I wanted to be funny! Please appreciate all the advice and help you are being offered in these forums.

Reactions: Poney70
I was not being funny. You would be surprised how many miss scrolling down a page. Just trying to help. Do you think I would get a screen shot and added an arrow then posted it if I wanted to be funny! Please appreciate all the advice and help you are being offered in these forums.
Hey look, i didn't mean any disrespect, really and sorry if this offended you in any way but this was not my intention ( FFXIV style :D )
I did smile a bit after seeing your post because it would have been extremely dumb of me not to check this setting alone since I went trough numerous other settings trying to get this feature to work :)

Take care !

Reactions: Mark F
a little inofrmation, the rear display is like an app. When you go in the App "GetApps" from Xiaomi, you can update the rear display
independently from the rom. But i make many updates from 1.1.6 to 1.3.2 and the notification function still does not work. the last update was 29. April, i hope an update is coming soon.

View attachment 36354

Is this updater app missing in EU 12.5.4? I cant find on my phone...

If it's the ROM updater app you are talking about, then just go to settings, press on the number 12 and use the update check there

This is the updater for the ROM, but not for the apps.

The updater for the apps is called "System Apps Updater". It should be directly under "My device" in the settings. But mine was missing. I had to install is manually from Apkmirror via "Split AKP" an root rights.

Now its working, in my case i go to

data protection / manage / special access / notification access

and acitivate access by all apps (rear Display and sevice framework)
Where is this Data Protection in the Settings menu?

Perhaps here someone will have some idea about my problem...

I am using the latest xiaomi.eu weekly. In the moment when I activate the rear small screen the whole system start lagging.

I already tried to clean the data of the rear display app as well as I dirty flashed the firmware. Problem still exist.

I really don't know what might cause it...

Any ideas about the fix?

Does this happen just when you turn it on in the camera app or when you turn it on for AOD?
I'm on weekly EU but don't feel this. Can you explain what you do and what actually happens with the slowness?

@Mark F it happens when both, the front screen and the rear screen are together active. So the interface of the phone lags in any moment of using both of those screens.

By saying that the phone lags, I see the drop of the frame rate of the main screen. I use 120hz, and when I activate in developer options the power monitor (frame rate monitor tools) I can see that activating the rear screen cause drop of the main screen refresh rate to 56 - 57 fps. Also, the phone has difficulties to quickly react to the touch. As soon as the rear screen switches off (I set it up to 10 seconds) or as soon as I switch it off manually by double tap, everything works fine.

Thanks for the info. I've set my frame rate to fix at 90 but I will see if it happens on mine too. I've not noticed it but may be this is because I'm on a lower frame rate to start with.
Is anyone else seeing this issue?

@Mark F I found the solution, but I am not sure if the problem will not come back.

Through TWRP I deleted /data/system/package_cache/ folder, and the lag disappeared. Now the question is why it was happening...

A bit out of topic, but you mentioned that you are using 90 hz daily. Please be careful, the topic below does not say many good stuffs about using this refresh rate in this phone-

I've read that but not had any issues and have used it for weeks. glad yours is sorted but no, no idea how or why?