Rear screen display on mi 11 ultra

trinityb4

Members
Apr 14, 2021
Hello everyone, I have a china rom mi11 ultra. My rear screen doesn't show any notification when sms or whatsapp msg received. The red dot just doesn't appear. Other function like music control or incoming call is working fine.
I've also did a factory reset and in special settings in the rear display, I've checked all the notification toggle to on but still no show.
Anyone can help? I suspect there is some permission settings that I've miss. I live in Singapore btw.
Thanks cheers!

Reactions: 4fun20
These are my settings in the main rear display section.
Installed the latest update in the xiaomi store -> delete all data -> gave all permissions - nothing
Tried uninstalling the update -> gave all permissions - nothing
using stock launcher
Tried with the always on display on the main screen ON/OFF - nothing
Everything else works perfect imo. ( notifications, applications, payment apps, even corporate outlook passes company verifications :) )

Thanks !
ALex

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-14-09-58-32-805_com.xiaomi.misubscreenui.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-14-09-58-32-805_com.xiaomi.misubscreenui.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 694
Reactions: trinityb4
My guess should be software issue and probably a software upgrade should address this. Hope xiaomi developer is reading this and get it fix asap.

Can you guys actually use the second screen for selfies?

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

I can use the screen for :
- I can see who is calling and can answer/reject
- camera functions are working ( main lens, ultrawide, tele )
- themes are working ( clock, battery, picture, colors )

The only thing I want are the notifications that I receive ( at least in the lock screen ) to appear on it so I don't need to check the main screen every time
Cheers !

Reactions: Karpfenhai
I can use the screen for :
- I can see who is calling and can answer/reject
- camera functions are working ( main lens, ultrawide, tele )
- themes are working ( clock, battery, picture, colors )

The only thing I want are the notifications that I receive ( at least in the lock screen ) to appear on it so I don't need to check the main screen every time
Cheers !
Okay, while using camera it remains black, did you enable something special?

China Rom still for me

Edit... Rear Display Preview... Found it!

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Reactions: xsander
Anyone can solve the rear notification dot from displaying for any msg or miss call etc etc? Hope someone can help to remedy this issue from not showing up.

Updated to 12.0.13 yesterday and still the same issue
Talk to a person over at XDA and he suggested that i enable notification access for the rear display.
Although i did that, notifications still aren't showing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-19-09-24-39-036_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-19-09-24-39-036_com.android.settings.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 375
I just got the 12.5 update.
Rear screen still not showing notifications.
Considering doing a factory reset to see if it changes anything...

What I did noticed from a couple of videos was that some people have 3 options (sliders ) in the rear display theme.
I only have 2 .
Maine we have a different version of software ?

a little inofrmation, the rear display is like an app. When you go in the App "GetApps" from Xiaomi, you can update the rear display
independently from the rom. But i make many updates from 1.1.6 to 1.3.2 and the notification function still does not work. the last update was 29. April, i hope an update is coming soon.

Hi,
i am on the 21.4.22 beta rom now and noticed that the rear display is showing a heart icon with some notification text below, which is cut of so i can't understand what it's saying. Did anybody else noticed that and knows what the phone is trying to say?

Edit: it's saying something like: Background.. bla bla Service..

a little inofrmation, the rear display is like an app. When you go in the App "GetApps" from Xiaomi, you can update the rear display
independently from the rom. But i make many updates from 1.1.6 to 1.3.2 and the notification function still does not work. the last update was 29. April, i hope an update is coming soon.

View attachment 36354
Yes, i was aware of this since the first day I saw my notifications aren't working .
Already to the 1.3.2 version of the rear display and i have the same behavior.

We'll see how it goes,
Cheers !

Yes, i was aware of this since the first day I saw my notifications aren't working .
Already to the 1.3.2 version of the rear display and i have the same behavior.

We'll see how it goes,
Cheers !
Now its working, in my case i go to

data protection / manage / special access / notification access

and acitivate access by all apps (rear Display and sevice framework)

Reactions: Poney70
I'm on latest 12.5.4 cn rom .
I went there and allowed as you can see attached and still doesn't work.
In the rear display i have all the toggles enabled and the rear display app is updated to 1.3.2
Already cleaned the cache..
Really don't know what else I should do
Thanks anyway for the reply

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_193551.jpg
    IMG_20210503_193551.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 338
Updated to 12.0.13 yesterday and still the same issue
Talk to a person over at XDA and he suggested that i enable notification access for the rear display.
Although i did that, notifications still aren't showing.
Completely off topic but which theme are you using here ?

Sent from my M2102K1G using Tapatalk

For the rear display theme i tested with all the options ( clock, image, and slogan ) and it doesn't work for any.
For the system theme i use the stock one but also tried with the one from miui 9/10 and also 11 still the same...

Nope, it works just fine, I have the red dot, i can read WhatsApp, telegram, see who is calling and decline or answer a call, music controls are fine too.

No issue, the only annoying is I have to enable it for pictures manually.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Reactions: Mark F and 4fun20
Nope, it works just fine, I have the red dot, i can read WhatsApp, telegram, see who is calling and decline or answer a call, music controls are fine too.

No issue, the only annoying is I have to enable it for pictures manually.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.
Did you something special?

If someone is willing to do i factory reset on the 12.5 , please let me know.
I have a lot of sensitive applications setup and it's a bit complicated to reset myself.
Thank you in advance !