Recovery Flashing Problem

taki1

Members
Sep 7, 2016
Hi.

MIUI 8.0.3.0 Stable.

Bootloader unlocked with official MI tool (MiFlashUnlock). ADB "fastboot oem device-info" gives me some error message, but then "fastboot getvar all" tells that bootloader is unlocked...

Then flashing recovery with TWRP (nikel). In ADB everything looks ok, but when I reboot to recovery mode and get into TWRP, can't find the image file. Can't choose anything else than Internal Storage (0MB). There are SD and USB OTG (also 0MB) but cannot select them.

Tried to switch between ZIP/Image file but still nothing. Like I couldn't acces my phone.

Last edited:
I am currently dealing with same problem, but i managed to install Xiaomi.eu rom from SD card, i can't browse my internal memory in TWRP too. I can't also perform a wipe. Is there any solution?

Reactions: taki1
Try this command : fastboot boot twrp-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.img <name of recovery img

TWRP is working now. Cause of my first problem was discharged phone (less than 50% of battery), which force bootloader to display recharging screen... Now can't acces the ROM file, as described above. I'll try to format my SD card maybe that make it accessible from bootloader. If that doesn't help, I'll probably try to root my device.

Last edited:
I am currently dealing with same problem, but i managed to install Xiaomi.eu rom from SD card, i can't browse my internal memory in TWRP too. I can't also perform a wipe. Is there any solution?

Same here!

Solution on official forum:
http://en.miui.com/thread-352104-1-1.html

Looks like we should format DATA partition but to be honest, I'm a bit affraid of bricking my phone... :)

Last edited:
If you are brave enough let me know if that worked :) I'll propably do that when
i get home today.

There is one more thing that bothers me, if I'll wipe my data partition, then the file with rom will also be deleted? My PC doesn't recognize the phone as an external disk, should I reinstall the rom from SD card then?

Hi guys, I had the same problem. Every storage was 0MB and I couldn't access any file. I solved it by simply send rom file via ADB sideload. After successfully upload room installation started automatically. After reboot everything works great.

So if you guys want to simply install new rom there is no need to wipe data partition.

Cheers!

There is one more thing that bothers me, if I'll wipe my data partition, then the file with rom will also be deleted? My PC doesn't recognize the phone as an external disk, should I reinstall the rom from SD card then?
Formating DATA won't wipe your system. It's just a "factory reset".

Everything works great now. Thanks for your help! I almost lost my s**t because the phone was stuck on boot screen for like 15 minutes, but eventually the MIUI kicked in and everything is pretty sweet
Cheers!

Hi, I've wiped data and everything is good now. Thanks for the tips and this great release!

Envoyé de mon MI MAX en utilisant Tapatalk