- Aug 23, 2013
The crazy guys from Russia, and 4pda.ru site, built their own All Versions Recovery which support the latest developments about Mi2. Materia Design of course and English.
NOTE: It supports, latest MIUI based ROMs, latest CM based ROMs like BuGi,latest FlymeOS 4.5.4R, Mokee, and Ivan's MarshMallow AOSP
For Both Partition Layout. Now with EFS Backup Support
If you are looking for older TWRP and some issues check here:
NOTE1: I upload this TWRP due to the lack of updates in another thread created by Khaon
NOTE2: This is M1cha's recovery where we can find it inside the MiFlash4Linux custom packages if we unzip the archive.
NOTE3: I have no relation with TWRP, i don't ask M1cha about this and you can blame me delete me block me and burn my house, but i make this only because too many people ask for a custom recovery after twrp 2.7 and dead CWM project
Many times it cannot Mount System, and thus the Installation will fail. But try once more, and of course with enough battery and it will work. I am into this problem many times.
All credits to others... i mean M1cha, TWRP team and many other devs that make my Mi2 a wonderful device
ISSUE #1: After 2.8.7 update the transition from AOSP to MIUI became more difficult.
Solution2:(WORKS) Flash Chinese TWRP 2.8.6 from this link TWRP 2.8.6 and follow the .txt instructions to get your familiar english language.
Before that, thanks to "comment guys", I learnt that if you already have some older TWRP, as TWRP can flash .img files, you can flash the .img inside the recovery in order to update. If Not check below
REBOOT TO FASTBOOT
- Turn off your phone
- Turn on your phone by pressing the Power button and Vol-
- Connect it to your PC via USB
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ADB
If you have ADB already installed you can skip this step.
- Go to This Discussion
- Download the package
- Run it as Administrator
- Answer always Y or Yes to all the questions
- Wait for the installation to finish
- Done! You can find all the necessary in C:\adb
DOWNLOAD THE CUSTOM RECOVERY
See the links above
Warning. Change to System1 if you use old layout
UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER AND INSTALL A CUSTOM RECOVERY
- Click on Start > Computer > C:\
- Open the adb folder
- While pressing SHIFT right click in an empty spot in the folder and select "Open command windows here"
- Use this command to check if the phone is correctly plugged-in. If it outputs a hexadecimal string the phone is correctly connected.
- In order to unlock the bootloader use this command:
fastboot oem unlock
- To flash the recovery use this command:
fastboot erase recovery fastboot flash recovery YOURRECOVERY.img
thanks to @AndColla for the guide
BUG Solution : If you cannot flash anything and everything comes to an error, Just tick and untick the "make system partition read only" and everything works after that. Thanks to @antoniosavio96