Redmi 1S - Communication Failure during a call in 3G Mode

jpenzo

Members
Nov 13, 2012
the Redmi 1S
has a big issue concerning the 3G Prefered Mode
it stops the communication during a call and make the error message : Sim Card not detected

there is to solution to solve this bug : reboot the phone or switch on/off the airplane mode

the temporoary solution is to set the phone in 3G only or 2G only to don't this crasy bug

we are a lot of owners waiting for a new update of the ROM STABLE 24 in order
to solve this issue

Same in Croatia

I did some testing with various combinations and found that this problem with SIM card resetting occurs only when SLOT1 network mode is set to "3G preffered" (ie mixed 2G/3G) - which is default and preffered setting!

If I force SLOT1 network mode to "2G only" or "3G only" everything is fine without call drops. The phone works perfectly.
So I conclued that phone doesn't have problem with bad reception, but with switching between 3G and 2G.
My GSM network uses 900 MHz for 2G and 2100/900 MHz for 3G (in my area only 2100 MHz for 3G). It seems that the phone drops connection when switching from 3G-2100MHz to 2G-900MHz - if this information can somehow reach XIAOMI and MIUI developers and help them resolve this problem.

we have the information that we will get soon the ROM STABLE V25
but we don't have any confirmation that the issue will be solved with this rom !!

Is that mean that they will not fix it or you dont know will they or not fix this bug?! can you ask them?!

honestly

i have no idea, because XIAOMI didn't make any comments about this bug directly to us in the ENGLISH FORUM of MIUI CHINA
so we have this information from the developers team of Miui UK & Miui France

I have 43 multi xiaomi.eu rom and I have 2g 3g switching problem. If I use phone in 3G preferred mode, sometimes it is lost mobile network and I can't make a call. I have to swich 2G only mode it is found network and I can switch back to 3G preferred and it is ok.

There is either a critical bug in hardware or software of Redmi 1s.

When i use my sim card in slot1, using 3g preferred mode of network, intermittently i am not able to make or receive calls. The slot2 is working perfectly fine.
This has been observed in low network areas and is very frustrating to use this phone in such areas. This has been experienced and noticed even by lot of other users here http://en.miui.com/thread-22706-1-1.html.

There is a workaround to use "2g only" or "3g only" network mode for making things work temporarily for slot1. But i cannot keep on swtiching this modes everytime that is driving me crazy!

Xiaomi could you please confirm whether this is a hardware or a software problem?

It seems to me that this is a software issue. And if it is a software issue then could you please fix it asap?

Devoid of this fix i would not recommend anyone buying redmi having such an important glitch.