Redmi 3 Multirom Install Tutorial

done!
unplug and plug device, and digit this command on cmd:

adb remount
adb shell
busybox dd if=/data/media/0/system.img bs=4096 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p23

Done! Finally!

Kayl88 can you help me? I also got the "Operation not permitted" at the dd-command.
Then I unplug and plug the device.
When enter the adb remount I got: "remount of system failed: Permission denied".
After that I still get the "Permission denied" at the dd command.
What can I do?

Is it save to reboot the device after deleting the /config/ and /data/miui files?
Thanks for any help.

Kayl88 can you help me? I also got the "Operation not permitted" at the dd-command.
Then I unplug and plug the device.
When enter the adb remount I got: "remount of system failed: Permission denied".
After that I still get the "Permission denied" at the dd command.
What can I do?

Is it save to reboot the device after deleting the /config/ and /data/miui files?
Thanks for any help.

hello killah.
have you got root? have you check root?
debug usb is active?
permission is active for adb?
root is allow for adb?
(first time i have do, in another session, adb remount i had got same problem)

Hey Kayl88,
yes, everything doublechecked. But solved that with the "operation not permitted".
I updated again with the updater-app to the latest miui 7.0.11.
After that the copy started.

BUT:
It stopped with a "segmentation fault" and the redmi was dead.
I guess the system tried to access something wile I wrote a new system.
I couldn't start again to write, because "busybox" was now unknown.

So really bad luck. Then I tried to "unbrick" with MiFlash via download-mode.
But got the "not enough space error".
Tried again with Fastboot-Mode, but not possible because because locked bootloader.
Wanted to try with update.zip via recovery-mode, but not possible, because I cannot copy the zip-file to the mobile.

For now, well, I'm not happy. :)

As I am not an Xiaomi expert: Can anybody tell me how to unlock the bootloader? Is there a tutorial for that?
Guess that is my last chance.

Thanks for help.

Hey Kayl88,
yes, everything doublechecked. But solved that with the "operation not permitted".
I updated again with the updater-app to the latest miui 7.0.11.
After that the copy started.

BUT:
It stopped with a "segmentation fault" and the redmi was dead.
I guess the system tried to access something wile I wrote a new system.
I couldn't start again to write, because "busybox" was now unknown.

So really bad luck. Then I tried to "unbrick" with MiFlash via download-mode.
But got the "not enough space error".
Tried again with Fastboot-Mode, but not possible because because locked bootloader.
Wanted to try with update.zip via recovery-mode, but not possible, because I cannot copy the zip-file to the mobile.

For now, well, I'm not happy. :)

As I am not an Xiaomi expert: Can anybody tell me how to unlock the bootloader? Is there a tutorial for that?
Guess that is my last chance.

Thanks for help.
You have to enter download mode ( 4th method) http://en.miui.com/thread-13321-1-1.html

And then MiFlash will see it as COM port.. Then install fastboot ROM... Works on Windows only..

~Tapatalk Mi4c~

thanks ingbrzy. but already tried that. I got message like "not enough space". It started flashing but then stopped with that error. Do I need to wipe anything before?

thanks ingbrzy. but already tried that. I got message like "not enough space". It started flashing but then stopped with that error. Do I need to wipe anything before?
Correct fastboot ROM? For ido_xhdpi?

~Tapatalk Mi4c~

I used the file from the Miui-forum where it was posted as stock-rom for ubricking.
I compared it now with the original fastboot-rom and it is the same. Same filesize and same file-date.
But nevertheless I will try the original one this evening.

But another question: What is the difference between download-mode, fastboot-mode and recovery-mode? Especially for the redmi3-device. on download-mode and fastboot mode the flash will both go via fastboot, but with another driver installed? Don't unterstand the difference between these three modes. Could you explain in short words?

Thanks for your help.

I used the file from the Miui-forum where it was posted as stock-rom for ubricking.
I compared it now with the original fastboot-rom and it is the same. Same filesize and same file-date.
But nevertheless I will try the original one this evening.

But another question: What is the difference between download-mode, fastboot-mode and recovery-mode? Especially for the redmi3-device. on download-mode and fastboot mode the flash will both go via fastboot, but with another driver installed? Don't unterstand the difference between these three modes. Could you explain in short words?

Thanks for your help.

follow this tutorial to unbrick-reset at stock chinese version (language avaible: english, chinese) and then re-do this tutorial to have redmi 3 in multilanguage with root:
http://en.miui.com/thread-218644-1-1.html

About your question...
different mode -> different method to control smarthphone -> different command

example:
in download mode you can flash rom (extension .zip) with (for example) MiTools
in fastboot mode, you can flash rom (exension .tar) with another tools
in recovery mode, you can do different operation.. not only flash. for example, when are avaible a different not stock recovery (example CWM or TWRP) in recovery mode you can do flash, wipe, Nandroid backup and restore ed more..

search in internet.. you can find all information you need ;)

Hi Kayl88,

yes that is the thread I tried to flash to stock-standard-rom.
But as I wrote before: I get the message: "not enough space" when doing as described in the tutorial.

Thanks for your explanation about the modes. So the first screen with the buttons is the bootloader where i can jump in download-mode or fastboot-mode. Understood. Thanks.

I guess all that errors on flashing are Busybox related, right????
No busybox installed!!!! That's why!!!

To unbrick the REDMI 3, you need to flash with Miflash. I know the phone do not enter Download Mode, and is dead... that happen to me too. But after try and retry, and a "10sec press power" the phone reboot and a "Start" in Miflash do the miracle:
http://en.miui.com/thread-218644-1-1.html

Worked for me, and I guess I was the first to have it bricked...
Thanks to my partner (parfetto) for the TRY and RETRY issue... Rsrsrs.

Reactions: xiaobjr
Tried again in download-mode to flash the ido_xhdpi...tgz image. MiFlash 2015.10.28.0 started with flashing and then stopped with the message: "Für diesen Befehl ist nicht genügend Speicher verfügbar! 0x80070008: Max Buffer sector is 32" . This means: Not enough space for this operation.

About the download-mode: Which driver is installed? For me it is a "RELINK HS-USB Q-Loader 9008" on COM3. Is that the right one? Don't know what else could I try???

PMoto, you also had the not enough space error, right? What did you do to correct that?

Edit: The screen is black in download-mode, right?

Maybe i can help..
I use this drivers at PC.

https://mega.nz/#!sIkxEYoI!TnWqWCsx3F_2Y6F86PSNttr8jKVFFz6xCOuJrnsU-ME.

First i prepaire the Mi flash to flash the phone in Fastboot mode.
We know allways give the space error , so wen i was at that step (like if i was try to flash by normal fastboot) i turn off the phone pressing 3 button and click FLASH at exactly time the phone gets off.
Miracly the phone begin to flash and finish 100% working.
I have used the official rom IDO IMAGES from the oficial page.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMoto
Hmmh. Thanks parfetto. I think I don't unterstand how you turn off the phone while flashing.
So you prepare the MiFlash Programme and open the correct folder of the rom.
Then you bring your Redmi3 into download-mode?
And then? You turn off the phone and start flashing? When I try hat this way the phone is simply off and is not flashing. Tried it several times. Tried it with the official IDO image and also with the Mobilecity image.
Could you explain further the thing with the turn off of the mobile?

Nop. The phone is in Fastboot mode.. the PC reconizes the phone.. i cant go to download mode because i dont have that option.
If you can open to download i think my method dont work for you

Hmmh. Thanks parfetto. I think I don't unterstand how you turn off the phone while flashing.
So you prepare the MiFlash Programme and open the correct folder of the rom.
Then you bring your Redmi3 into download-mode?
And then? You turn off the phone and start flashing? When I try hat this way the phone is simply off and is not flashing. Tried it several times. Tried it with the official IDO image and also with the Mobilecity image.
Could you explain further the thing with the turn off of the mobile?

- turn phone in download mode (power off it, press vol+ and power and when appear mi logo press only vol+ and you are in recovery mode, in recovery mode tap on "download" and don't touch again phone)
- plug in phone
- open miflash select correct folder, press "refresh" and you can see com port (example com 16) in the miflas window
- press flash
- wait and ONLY when you read in miflash windows "operation complete" you can unplug phone and reboot it by press power button

good luck man

- turn phone in download mode (power off it, press vol+ and power and when appear mi logo press only vol+ and you are in recovery mode, in recovery mode tap on "download" and don't touch again phone)
- plug in phone
- open miflash select correct folder, press "refresh" and you can see com port (example com 16) in the miflas window
- press flash
- wait and ONLY when you read in miflash windows "operation complete" you can unplug phone and reboot it by press power button

good luck man
Yes, thats it for all who have recovery mode.

My experience is without recovery mode, because the phone dont enter in it.. we lost recovery wen it brick.

Yes, thats it for all who have recovery mode.

My experience is without recovery mode, because the phone dont enter in it.. we lost recovery wen it brick.

yes.. i have read.. and.. try to start recovery mode from fastboot?

connect phone, open cmd, adb device, adb reboot recovery

?

Reactions: parfetto
sure if is really brick.. is not possible.. and you must flash rom by fastboot..

i have read tutorial about, from mi official site..

this is link:
http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
Yes bro, that works in phones with unlocked bootloader. In my case dont work. With no recovery and locked bootloader that dont work.
I try many times in fastboot but allways give space error. I dont have the option power more volume up to recovery.

Reactions: Kayl88
HI i was follow this page to be repair my totally bricked redmi 3, no recovery with chinese language (pressing power+(vol+) no work), no download mode (power+(vol-)(vol+) no work! just load adb sideload), just useless fastboot with his stupid locked bootloader, i tried every guide, no HOPE, until i read the method of parfetto TRY e RETRY , so i start to reboot the phone pressing vol- and vol+ only, over and over again, and finally instaed of sideload screen i get a black screen and O_O phone was recognized in HS-USB QDloader 9008, then i just follow the guide for unbrick and phone work again with miflash ^^!!

Note: my redmi3 was open and without the battery, i just press vol - and vol + while insert and remove usb to reboot phone until black screen (download mode) now i dont' know if the battery need to be removed or you can just use power to reboot, try yourself and open the phone only if you know how to do... i followed a youtube's guide!!! i hope to help somebody in my situation! really thank you parfetto is thank to you if my phone is alive again! (yes my english sucks it's not my language :D)

Attachments

• IMG_20160209_034155.jpg
    IMG_20160209_034155.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_20160209_035550.jpg
    IMG_20160209_035550.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 539