New Redmi 3 Pro Problems

GoranRF

Members
Jul 6, 2016
Hello,
I just bought a new Redmi 3 pro and I immediately have 3 problems.
1) every time I unlock the screen or hit the "home" button I get a "Just a sec..." notification and I have to wait for 1-2 seconds...
2) I can't set any third party launcher as default. I select it, but when I go "home" again it's still the original one and when I go to the the "defaults" settings, the selected default launcher is again the "System launcher". The new launcher is allowed to start automatically in the security folder and I rebooted the phone after every step of the procedure, but it didn't help.
3)All the warnings and messages I get (for example about the volume) come in a window with an extremely dark grey background and you can barely read the text.

My phone is running the MIUI 7.9|Stable 7.9.2.0 (LHOCNCL) version.

Thank you very much for your help!!

hehe.. MIUI 7.9 never exists... you have fake ROM..

install our ROM or official china...

i have downloaded a official china dev rom. i'm trying to flash the .zip file in the updater.. but it it says can't verify it. is there other ways to have it verified like unzip it? or i need to try another way ? can you give us the procedure or a link maybe ? and i also got the permission to unlock bootloader hehehe

1. Unlock your bootloader first
  2. Install TWRP
  3. Install the HM3 6.6.30 rom available in Rom download tab

Hi I found this thread and am in exactly in the same position as Goran. I bought my Redme 3 pro last week from a legitimate store and have exactly the same bugs! The only thing I have to add is that my phone is full of crapware. In settings under MIUI version it says MUIU 7.9 Stable 7.9.2. (LHOCNCL)> Does this mean it's not an official ROM? I see the steps above from fmcouto. Unfortunately I'm not tech savy but if it's safe to do this, please post a link that I can follow. Oh, one other question: will my phone update automatically? Should I wait for MIUI 8? Your help is much appreciated.

That's not a very official ROM. You either change to the global stable (7.5.3.0), or you unlock your bootloader and use one of these forum's ROM's. The Beta version (which I'm using) is already based on MIUI8.

Thanks for the response. If I try to install a new ROM is there any chance I will ruin my brand new phone? What does "not very official" mean? Is my ROM produced by MI? Is it bootlegged? Do I need to unlock the bootlocker to download an official global stable from MI? Also if I manually download a ROM from this site will the phone then automatically get the next update, or will I always have to manually download?

The biggest bug is that whenever a dialogue box pops up in an app it has a very dark background with blue text It's basically unreadable which makes many apps unusable (for example if I try to schedule an event in Google Calendar). I also have the "just wait a sec" message when i go from the lock screen to the home screen. Plus the phone is loaded with tons of crapware I can't remove that constantly gives me pop-up ads. This phone is a replacement for my 6 year old iphone 4 that never, ever gave me this kind of problem. It's kind of disturbing.

I really appreciate help on what to do about this!

Honestly, it sounds to me like you have a store-altered chinese rom. I went ahead and investigated, and i've seen that 7.9.2 is an unnoficial rom. With that said, using the updater app to change ROM may not be possible in those conditions, but I'm not sure.

If you want to have a version that is updated automatically through its app, you will want to use the global stable roms. Try downloading the MI PC Suite and update the rom through it. Just search for it on google.

As for ruining your phone, snapdragon's are hard to brick, as far as I know. Since you have an EDL mode, they should be recoverable with some work.

As for those kinds of problems, well, apple does have some good things, namely the control they have on their hardware and software is so big that you rarely will have this type of issues (you'll have others though). They only work in the way they are provided, and that's it. Android is more complicated on this regard, but it allows you to do a lot more. You pay flexibility with complexity ;)

Miiquelbrazil thanks for responding. So with the ROM I have now I can use MI PC suite to flash and install the last official stable global ROM and then everything should be fine after that? I don't have to unlock the bootlocker or anything like that? Sounds good. What could go wrong?? And that should solve the problem of the bugs and the adware? If it's so easy why are people selling phones with unofficial ROMs?

Miiquelbrazil thanks for responding. So with the ROM I have now I can use MI PC suite to flash and install the last official stable global ROM and then everything should be fine after that? I don't have to unlock the bootlocker or anything like that? Sounds good. What could go wrong?? And that should solve the problem of the bugs and the adware? If it's so easy why are people selling phones with unofficial ROMs?
I've already tried that but with no success it'll just say that it's the latest version

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Already tried the updater but it says can't verify the update. Also tried mi pc suite. But it just says it's the latest. I wan't to try edl, but the red light is not showing. The notif light is not turning red and the phone wil not apear as qusb something.. it'll just appear as qualcomm_usb something... i'm hesitant to do it because i might brick my phone

Ok, first thing's first, did you turn off the driver verification from windows? You should always start with that. Then, you need ADB for the operations, and a bit more software. There's a guide that is quite compreensive and should give you a good idea, just search "235865 miui" on google (I can't provide links yet, sorry).

The guide should be called " [Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [MIUI DEVICE TEAM] Flash (Unbrick) Redmi Note 3(SD) with Locked Bootloader ".

About your specific doubts, you need the mobile to be connected to your computer in order for the red light to show up. Then, if the name is not correct (it should be something like qualcomm hs-USB QDLOADER), I would right click on it and uninstall it, it may be a problematic driver. However, be reminded that you can't install the proper QHSUSD driver without removing the windows driver verification.

In the end, I would read the guide, and follow it carefully. You do NOT need to unlock the bootloader for the official roms (which the global is).

Wow, that sounds mucho complicado. I'm hesitant to try it.

I see above that fmcouto recommends:
  1. Unlock your bootloader first
  2. Install TWRP
  3. Install the HM3 6.6.30 rom available in Rom download tab
Has anyone had success with that approach?. If it works, is there any downside to not getting an official ROM?

Well, in order to unlock the bootloader, what do you think you're gonna have to do? ;)

It's only as complicated as your head makes it. It has a lot of smaller steps, it's true. But once you do it once, it's gonna be simple. The hardest part is getting it unlocked. Once you have that and TWRP, it becomes a lot simpler.

Still, I understand your hesitation. It's your choice, in the end.

I have a 3 redmi known pro with rom 6.8.4 but I have the program , if I change my ringtone when the phone rings is always the same

Ok, first thing's first, did you turn off the driver verification from windows? You should always start with that. Then, you need ADB for the operations, and a bit more software. There's a guide that is quite compreensive and should give you a good idea, just search "235865 miui" on google (I can't provide links yet, sorry).

The guide should be called " [Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [MIUI DEVICE TEAM] Flash (Unbrick) Redmi Note 3(SD) with Locked Bootloader ".

About your specific doubts, you need the mobile to be connected to your computer in order for the red light to show up. Then, if the name is not correct (it should be something like qualcomm hs-USB QDLOADER), I would right click on it and uninstall it, it may be a problematic driver. However, be reminded that you can't install the proper QHSUSD driver without removing the windows driver verification.

In the end, I would read the guide, and follow it carefully. You do NOT need to unlock the bootloader for the official roms (which the global is).
Thanks bro! I permanently disabled the driver verification.. so all i need to do now is to uninstall the driver for the qualcom.. hmm but i tried it on the first time and it showed up as QHSD yeah? But the read lightis not on.. whew hahaha so complicated. Wish that resellers didn't upload crap roms

Thanks for all the help. Ok, so I went back to the store and screamed at them :) a little and they agreed to install a better ROM. For some reason they installed MIUI 7.4 by Manhlt 6.5.12 Beta. Everything seems to be working well. What a difference!They apparently used Super SU to do it because I see it on my home screen. Does that mean the phone is now rooted? Is the bootloader unlocked? How do I know? Also, will the phone now update automatically?

Hi would one of you be nice enough to answer my last post? I'd really appreciate it. I've checked and my phone is rooted. So what do I do about future updates? MIUI 8?

Thanks for all the help. Ok, so I went back to the store and screamed at them :) a little and they agreed to install a better ROM. For some reason they installed MIUI 7.4 by Manhlt 6.5.12 Beta. Everything seems to be working well. What a difference!They apparently used Super SU to do it because I see it on my home screen. Does that mean the phone is now rooted? Is the bootloader unlocked? How do I know? Also, will the phone now update automatically?

Use rootchecker (eg joeykrim's) from playstore to check whether you got root. You could also check which recovery they used (for example twrp) to flash future updates using the recovery. I expect that OTA updates won't work.

Hy!

I have a Redmi 3 PRO with MIUI v8 6.8.11 (naturally this rom is multi rom :p) but unfortunately this rom have a irritating bug.
This bug is - too many wakelock but not for user programs! (This bug has been seen on my redmi 1s with a lollipop (cm12.1 - 5.1) rom.) This bug is "Google bug" ? :\

That's is not cool because my battery is fast draining :(.
Someone have an idea ? :\

By, and sorry my bad english :p