• Screenshot_2016-09-03-19-35-23-378_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-03-19-35-23-378_com.android.chrome.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 1,282
  • Screenshot_2016-09-03-19-34-30-208_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-03-19-34-30-208_com.android.chrome.png
    402.4 KB · Views: 1,224
Last edited:
Reactions: Komix
I don't know how they did it but it works. A guy in the german Chinamobile forum confirmed it with a R3s from geekbuying. The phone has an independent modelnumber and a different box.

Yes i know, i read this thread.
But no official statement from xiaomi.

Last edited:
As dat as I know there is a special version for the Taiwanese Market that supports band 20. But those are hard to come by.

And keep in mind if it has different kernel or ROM, than official global or xiaomi.eu ROMs won't work (can brick device) or at least you'll lost B20 support after any update!
We all have hardware for B20, it's just not enabled in xiaomi KERNEL, so even unofficial ROM can't give you B20 support, and I doubt a custom kernel will be out soon...

I bet this "Taiwaneese" models come with some moddified version of official ROM...

I bought Int. version, don't know if it had B20 support, cause I immediately updated it with .eu weekly, and now it doesn't have B20.

Hi,

So if I order that Taïwan version with B20, i'm stuck with the seller rom ? There is no global or dev rom for this version?

Ask developer of the xiaomi.eu ROM...
Don't take my word for granted... just my experiance... also possible mine didn't have B20 from the start...

I get good enough speeds on 3G (4-7 Mb/s), at home and office I have broadband Wifi, also in all major cities my internet/mobile provider has free WIFI spots...
So i don't care for the moment about B20 support.

This version of redmi 3s comes with official miui globle rom(with ota) , but there is no other device as land.

Very confusing

The standard 3s is 2016030 the B20 version is 2016031. This is easy to determine from the phone box. But it could be that the version is modified too.

Last edited:
Here is the informations found in a redmi 3s with b20 ( somebody who buy it posted this on a french website )

http://www. hostingpics. net/viewer.php?id=273920IMG20160905220610. jpg ( remove spaces )

Is it the same informations than the "classic" 3s without B20 ?

If yes, it means that the same ROM can go on both and it will explain why there is no specific ROM released for this 3s b20 like for the Rn3 Special edition.

I just bought two of them both 16gb 2gb rom.
Nothing chineese inside google apps preinstalled,english manual,eu charger.
Both phones came with stable rom.
It was easy to install dev rom and have multilanguage too.
Phones were from geekbuying and came to me SEALED and untouched...
I beleive there is band 20 inside because both of them are for guys who need this band
otherwise they dont have 4g.
Both of them told me 4g was perfect.

Hi, thanks for your feedback,

So you buy the international version b20 from geekbuying?

geekbuying.com/item/-HK-Stock--Official-International-Version--XIAOMI-Redmi-3S-5-0inch-HD-4G-LTE-MIUI-7-Smartphone-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-430-Octa-Core-2GB-16GB-13-0MP-Touch-ID-Fast-Charge-4100mAh---Gold-370961. html

You flashed without problem the normal 3s dev Rom on the b20 3s and the 4g is still ok after that ?

Good news !

I was (theoretically) able to unlock Band 20 with QualcommTool.exe according to the Info on xda-developers.

First put phone in Diag mode: In the shell input as Admin:
adb devices
adb shell
su
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb

then

-> run QualcommTool.exe as Admin

-> with right mouseclick first activate an then connect the diag-com port

-> click the tab "bands" then the subtab "LTE"

-> (1) "Read" with activated "LTE BC Config #6828" -the one without "DIV" (I had to do it twice till it worked)

-> then click the selected band you want to add

-> (2) write

-> click LTE BC Config DIV #6829

-> (3) read

-> (4) write

goto (1) and repeat till (4)
about 3 times, because the settings were not saved, when done only once or twice.
The last steps were in my cases step (1) and (2).
When i read "LTE BC Config #6828" the 3rd time, it was saved.
Then reboot.
LTE Bands are after checking with QualcommTool saved, but i wasn't in a Band20 area till now, to check it practically.
Maybe some of you can test it.

I was (theoretically) able to unlock Band 20 with QualcommTool.exe according to the Info on xda-developers.

adb devices
adb shell
su

then

-> (1) "Read" with activated "LTE BC Config #6828" -the one without "DIV" (I had to do it twice till it worked)

-> (2) write

-> (3) read

-> (4) write

about 3 times, because the settings were not saved, when done only once or twice.
Then reboot.
LTE Bands are after checking with QualcommTool saved, but i wasn't in a Band20 area till now, to check it practically.
Which what phone? Only with de international? O i can tray with the 3s with "not" lte?

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3S mediante Tapatalk

I did it successfully with one Redmi3s and one Redmi3sPrime who had LTE, but Band 20 (like several other bands) was deactivated. I don't think there is a Redmi3s without LTE but maybe only the bands of your area were deactivated, so it seems like no LTE.
Forgot to write: Both are unlocked and rooted.

Reactions: crishtiam duarte

adb devices
adb shell
su

then

-> (2) write

-> (3) read

-> (4) write

Then reboot.

I would like to try it, but i cannot find the QualcommTool.EXE on XDA or here. Do you have a download link ?

Sorry, I don't know the link i downloaded it anymore, but with google i fount http://cdmatool.com/download . The package is named Setup_DFS_Studio_16.08.25.0.zip, there is an .exe in it and after you install the QualcommTool.exe can then be found in the installed Folder. And it worked only in an "original" windows7 installation, as i am normally using only linux i tried it in a virtual machine with no success.
And btw: the adb i use is from the FLASHER TOOLKIT LAND (which you use for installing twrp), other adb variants i used for my former sonyz1 didn' work.

Reactions: deepknight
You don' need any account (except one at xiaomi for unlocking your phone). If you mean QualcommTool: just close this loginwindow.