Redmi 6 Problem

Henning

Members
Oct 30, 2013
Hi,
I just bought a Redmi 6 and unlocked it officially. Installed the TWRP Recovery successfully and tried to flash the Eu Rom. The installation went thru without error messages. Did wipe and format. However after rebooting the phone went into an endless loop. Every 10 sec's it starts again. I can see the Mi logo in the middle and at the bottom it says unlocked. and repeats for ever it seems
TWRP Version : 3.2.3-0 and EU Rom 8.8.23 and 8.8.16
Any idea ?

Tke
Henning

Hi, it took a couple of days. Once yr Mi account is accepted for unlocking you can use it once per month for unlocking

Hi, which makes 30 days :(
You did apply for the unlocking and got the confirmation / permission ?
If so make sure that yr phone is setup correctly. The Mi account must be associated with the phone.
Via Settings and Developeroption "OEM unlocking" Only via MI account in Settings is not enough

Hi,
I just bought a Redmi 6 and unlocked it officially. Installed the TWRP Recovery successfully and tried to flash the Eu Rom. The installation went thru without error messages. Did wipe and format. However after rebooting the phone went into an endless loop. Every 10 sec's it starts again. I can see the Mi logo in the middle and at the bottom it says unlocked. and repeats for ever it seems
Any idea ?

Tke
Henning

Back to the original question : I tried several versions of the EU Rom as well as a version from ********. The only difference was that with M-globe Rom I saw a nice screen animation instead of 3 dots. That was all. I waited for about 90 Mins. Only choice was the MIUI Global Version and that works.

Same problem here,
******** and xiaomi.eu rom keeps booting forever.
Miui global image boots normal.

Tried multiple times.

Last time:
Flashed recovery global rom, boot in newly installed rom.
Global rom working.
Flashed TWRP.
In TWRP, i wiped everything and formatted /data.
Then in bootloader, i did: fastboot erase userdata

Back in TWRP:
Flashed "xiaomi.eu_multi_HM6_V10.0.1.0.OCGCNFH_v10-8.1.zip"
Flashed "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_09.02.2018.zip" , otherwise i get bootloop.
Now i don't get bootloop, but logo with three dots keeps going forever.

Global rom working.
Flashed TWRP.
In TWRP, i wiped dalvick and cache.
Bootloop
Flashed no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
Bootloop
Flashed "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_09.02.2018.zip"
No bootloop, but logo with three dots keeps going forever.

Going to try last time, but this time also format /data.

Flashed recovery global rom, boot in newly installed rom.
Global rom working.
Flashed TWRP.
In TWRP, i did Factory reset (Wipe data, cache and dalvik).

Flashed "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_09.02.2018.zip" .
After flash wipe dalvik and cache again.

I don't get bootloop, but logo with three dots keeps going now for over 20 minutes.

Wait. You're flashing redmi 6? I thought it is redmi 6pro. I've read somewhere that redmi 6 has problems with flashing xiaomi.eu. And I don't think it's solved.

Any bros can share on how to root REDMI 6?
I had gone thru the steps of

• fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot boot twrp.img
However, when I restart to recovery, it stayed at MI recovery instead.

Appreciate all advice! TIA

Same problem here,
******** and xiaomi.eu rom keeps booting forever.
Miui global image boots normal.

I've just tried flashing my Wife's Redmi 6 and I just get a boot loop as well. Going to have to stick Global back on for the time being.

Wait. You're flashing redmi 6? I thought it is redmi 6pro. I've read somewhere that redmi 6 has problems with flashing xiaomi.eu. And I don't think it's solved.

Yeah that's fine if there is a problem with the current (and only available) ROM for the Redmi 6, but how about removing it, until it is solved? Rather than keeping it available it for people to waste time trying to flash it?

Sorry, that's not an attack on you. Can you find a link to that for me?

I'm pretty much stuck now with Mi recovery and the phone indicates that the bootloader is locked! It was previously unlocked. Not sure on how did it get locked back up.

When You flash from Global to China, from China to Global, from Global to Xiaomi.eu, from China to Xiaomi.eu You must do wipe before install. If from Official roms to Official rom i recommended flash via Xiaomiflash.
When You update from Official rom to Xiaomi.eu i recommmended install new rom and after install do wipe in twrp(before restart to system): data, cache, dalvik/art, internal storage. Thats all. After that reboot to system and wait from 10-30minutes

Well I've previously flash my MiMax and now my Redmi Note 5 and both flashed to EU Rom without any major issues, but the Redmi 6 just boot loops. I did a full wipe before flashing it as well, and I did the same to my Redmi Note 5, so I know that doing that isn't the issue. Plus if other people are having the same issue then it stands to reason that there is a problem with the ROM.

Hi,
Any idea ?

Tke
Henning

Hi!
Did you already fix it? Can you tell how?
Thanks

Same problem for me. I was using xiaomitool to change for global ROM. when I unplugged the phone, mi logo and written "unlocked". Booting as said by others every 10 seconds.The phone is not recognized by computer.
impossible to charge it neither...
Any solutions

I managed to get my phone back to normal with Chinese ROM. I will try with ADB installer (+TWPR.img) and a global ROM.
Let(s hope 2019 will give better results than December 2018 :)